chapter 88

“You ya! Just… what can I say!” Those words made Shi Yumei disappointed at Gu Fangzi for failing to meet her expectations. She carefully looked at the furnishings in the house. It was just like an ice cave! It had lost the splendor it once had, and compared to the past, this was heaven and earth apart!

Shi Yumei seemed to have neglected the fact that Gu Fangzi was still in her mourning period, and she grunted, “She rearranged your place into such a state, yet you’re still helping her speak! Even the house of our management servants looks better than this!”

On the topic, she went on to ask, “What happened to your items? Why are you so obedient? You should have picked out a few pieces to look at!”

To fuel the hatred within Shi Yumei, Gu Fangzi distorted the facts as she spoke of the incident regarding how her items were all taken away from her by Sang Wan before adding slyly, “I originally wanted to keep the white jade Guanyin statue edged with gold, a set of gold accessories, a string of top quality pearls, and a few other items to gift to Cousin Yumei, but all those were taken away by Sister Sang Wan. Even though Cousin Yumei is now back, I do not have a gift ready…”

“That Sang family’s lass is stepping over the line!” Shi Yumei was so furious that she jumped from her seat and slammed the table with her palm. “I will find her and let her have a taste of my anger!”

“No, Cousin Yumei! Please, don’t! You can’t ah!” Gu Fangzi hurriedly pulled her as tears formed in her eyes.

Shi Yumei’s original intention of confronting Sang Wan dispersed immediately. She looked at Gu Fangzi, whose tears trickled from her eyes while trying to stop her, and she hesitated for a while before letting out a sigh, “You’re right. If I go now, she would surely not dare to do anything to me. But later on, she will surely toss all the steam onto you! I should not be so impulsive, or you might be exposed!”

That is it! Gu Fangzi thought to herself.

“Thank you, Cousin Yumei, for being considerate!” Gu Fangzi wiped away her tears before taking two steps back and bowed. With a gentle tone, she spoke, “I’m really fine, really.”

“Enough, I’ll deal with it my way!” Shi Yumei let out a slightly deep grunt before sneering, “Don’t worry, even if I did do something, she won’t ever link that to you!”

Gu Fangzi quickly added, “Aunt and Big Cousin already have it difficult. If they were to worry—”

“My mother has already turned foolish! As for my Second Brother, he must have been bewitched! I won’t even bother discussing with any of them!” The thought of Wang Shi and Shi Fengju protecting Sang Wan hand in hand made Shi Yumei somewhat frustrated, and she fumed, “Wait until the day I tear off that woman’s mask. My mother and my brother will surely be able to see light when that happens!”

“Cousin Yumei no doubt thinks very wholesomely!” Gu Fangzi quickly sent in the high hat. The two took their seats once again before talking over tea.

Hearing the news that Shi Yumei and Ren Zhixian would be staying in the household, Gu Fangzi got happier. Her grin stretched from ear to ear, and a piece of gleeful music played in her mind.

“That’s great! That’s really great!” She held onto Shi Yumei’s hand firmly, and she smiled brightly as she exclaimed, “Cousin Yumei, we can talk more often together, just like before!”

Rebirth of an abandoned womanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें