chapter 91

That angered Sang Wan deeply, and her expression became not too good. Is he labeling the things that have been worn by me as dirty! And that my dirty things are not fit for his noble sister!

Shi Fengju noticed the change in Sang Wan’s expression, and he knew his words sounded terrible as he pondered to refine those words. Quickly, he smiled as he tried to correct himself, “That, Sang Wan, don’t think too much about it. It’s not that I’m disgusted, not at all! It’s just that, I think… that hairpin suits you when you wear it, so why did you give it to Big Sister? Don’t you have many other pieces of jewelry…”

Sang Wan’s expression eased a little, and she spoke with a stiff tone, “What’s the difference? Aren’t they all the same!”

It was your Big sister who chose it herself. Can I even refuse? I’m afraid that if I didn’t give it to her, you’ll surely find trouble with me later on!

Shi Fengju was rendered speechless. But seeing that Sang Wan about to get to bed, Shi Fengju suddenly felt an urge, and he blurted out, “Of course they’re not the same. I bought that hairpin especially for you, and I don’t wish for you to give it to others!”

Sang Wan was startled. Her body stiffened, and she stood on the spot motionlessly. What did he say? He said that he bought it “especially” for her? Did she hear wrongly!

Shi Fengju let out a deep sigh, “Sang Wan, you didn’t hear me wrong. I bought that especially for you. I think that hairpin suits you a lot! But I did not expect you to give it to someone else.”

Sang Wan’s lips moved slightly, and she said softly, “I, I, Big Sister came today. And the gifts she took were all picked by herself…”

“What?” Shi Fengju’s eyes suddenly became more spirited, and the bad mood seemed to have lightened quite a lot.

Sang Wan felt somewhat embarrassed and said vaguely, “Nothing! The day is quite late already, so you should rest early, too!”

Shi Fengju chuckled and asked, “What you mean is that my sister took it on her own accord, and it wasn’t you who presented her with it?”

That hairpin has already been given away, so what need is there to keep pursuing it! But she could only nod.

The edges of Shi Fengju’s lips rose. His questions seemed to have been on point, and he continued, “Then, do you like that hairpin?”

“…I like.” Sang Wan gently nodded again.

“I understand!” Shi Fengju smiled. “Since Big Sister has taken it, then so be it. You don’t have to feel any reluctance. Next time, I’ll surely find a better one for you! Now, go to bed early.”

“I will!” When had she ever said she was reluctant to give that hairpin away? But since he had already put it that way, she still felt somewhat glad. At the very least, wasn’t she now somewhere in his heart?

On the next day, Lan Xiang came rushing to the main courtyard and quietly searched for Shi Yumei. Anxiously, she exclaimed, “Eldest Missy, my family’s missy has fallen ill! Nubi does not dare to make such a fuss, but knowing that Eldest Missy is here, nubi built up the courage to seek Eldest Missy’s help on what nubi should do!”