Chapter 31: Cousin's Instigation

"I will, I will! For Young Master's son, this bag of old bones shall take good care of herself. Later in the future when Young Master's son is born, I'll also do my best!" Nanny Li's eyes glistened and she suddenly became spirited.

"That would be great! But what I'm afraid is that the task may wear you out!" Wang Shi laughed and gazed at her.

"That won't happen, that won't happen!" Nanny Li shook her hand.

Sang Wan quickly lowered her head as her face had turned red while listening to them. It became even more embarrassing especially when Wang Shi turned to take a brief look at her belly.

Sir's son? I'm afraid Mother-in-law Wang and Nanny Li will both end up being disappointed.

"Sang Wan, this is Shi Fengju's nanny. Come and greet her." Wang Shi pouted slightly and smiled towards Sang Wan.

Nanny Li laughed, "This old lady has already seen Ma'am yesterday when I returned to

Ning Garden

!"

But Wang Shi laughed it off and said, "Yesterday's yesterday, today's today. Sang Wan, you have to always keep in mind that Nanny Li is the great benefactor of our Shi family, and even more so the person who brought Shi Fengju up and is well respected by him! Understood?"

"Yes, Mother! Your daughter-in-law shall keep your words to heart and will respect Nanny deeply!" Sang Wan smiled and answered before walking up to Nanny Li. Bowing deeping, she greeted loudly, "Nanny!"

"Aiyo, there's no need for Ma'am to do so! Truly there's no need for it!" Nanny Li hurriedly stood to a side and smiled to Wang Shi, "The regulations must still be followed! Miss, your words always knows how to make me bashful."

"You just remain seated, how can there be no need for it? Regulations must of course be followed, but there are always exceptions!" Wang Shi laughed and indicated to the young maidservants to help Nanny Li back to her seat. Again, the two returned to their conversation and would once in a while give a pleasant laugher.

Nanny Li and Wang Shi spoke casually to each other. One could immediately see that they were intimate like sisters with no sign of reservation and carefulness.

Sang Wan was secretly amazed. One should know that Wang Shi can be very moody, her temperament unstable, her behaviors easily affected by others, and is simple minded. Such a person is extremely difficult to deal with because they can be happy all of a sudden and then angry with no actual reason. Before, she may be laughing happily, but on the next second, her expression may make a complete flip. It must have been hard on Nanny Li. But for her to be able to face Wang Shi so casually, it may be more complex than just the loss of two lives.

Sang Wan was right on point. There was indeed something else that even Shi Fengju did not know.

During the time when Nanny Li and Shi Fengju were hiding among a patch of grass, Shi Fengju was unfortunately bitten by a venomous snake which caused him to pass out. It was only because of Nanny Li, who sucked most of the venom out mouth after mouth, that Shi Fengju was alive. However, the venom harmed her body and her lungs became severely injured, making her cough very badly occasionally. And after several years of treatment, the venom was finally removed.

As for that incident, Shi Fengju was unaware of it. It was Nanny Li's idea to keep him in the dark as she was afraid that it might scare the young master. However, Wang Shi, the old master, and a few others knew that was not the case. Instead, it was because Nanny Li did not wish for Shi Fengju to owe her too much of his thanks. As such, that incident was kept confined to a handful; Wang Shi, the old master, and a few others. All Shi Fengju knew was that his Nanny's health in those few years were not great and would often cough very badly, but other than that, he knew of nothing else.