Chapter 122: A Young Woman's Warning

Just listening to them talk would only shorten her life! Fang Shi rolled her eyes before taking her leave.

Liu Ya was no longer the Liu Ya in the past. She smiled and said, "Really? When my ma'am got married, I clearly don't remember you contributing to her dowry in any way. You must be the first aunt under this vast sky to treat her dear niece-in-law in such a way!"

"You!"Li Shi was furious, "How dare you! How dare a mere servant talk back to me, you renegade!"

"I'm a small servant who does not belong to your family, so who are you to scold me? All I did was speak the truth, how is that talking back? Fancy you scolding me, who are you to me?"

Liu Ya laughed coldly, "I'd advice the both of you to restrain yourselves a little! And please, don't think everyone is foolish! The Shi Household is only able to reach today's success not without wit! I'll be honest with you, my sir especially hates greedy people like you, why would he let her come over to your filthy house? If you're smart, you'd stop pestering my ma'am. Otherwise ——hehe. Let's say that my sir is capable and has his means, how else would he be able to control hundreds of shops and tens of thousands of people operating on both sides of the river? Hmph!"

"You, you!" Sang Pingliang was so furious that he was out of words, " Those words, who taught you those words? Huh?"

"I dare say, Mister, you're a clever person, I don't think I have to tell you else you might not be able to keep your face!" Liu Ya said coldly, "You can put the hat on whoever you think might fit it, but most importantly, you should listen to me well! Otherwise, otherwise, even I do not know what might happen to you either!"

Sang Pingliang was feeling both mad and shock. He was sure it was Shi Fengju who made Liu Ya said that. Really, he did not think that person would be —— would be so ——

"Don't think that the whole world belongs to the Shi household! Hmph, is he not afraid that his reputation would be ruined if I tell the world what he said?"

Liu Ya laughed as if she had heard the funniest joke in the world, "Sure, go ahead! My sir hasn't been alone with you, nor has he said anything to your face, right? What you do will be equivalent to slander and that will land you in jail! Furthermore, if you think you can ruin my sir's reputation with mere words, then you must be crazy! Really, there's no point in talking to people like you! Think about what I said slowly, will you? I'll be taking my leave now."

Liu Ya finished off with a slight grin and left.

Sang Pingliang sank into his chair. His clenched fist trembled as he screamed rudely, "Outrageous! Outrageous! That b*stard, b*stard!"

However, he was really afraid this time around and could only vent out his anger by cussing.

He dared to pick on the Sang brothers due to his relationship with them as their biological uncle. He was used to bullying them and he was confident that if the brothers went against his wish, he could vent his resentment on them by creating a big fuss. Moreover, he knew that Sang Yufei had a reputation to keep.

However, Shi Fengju was not the same; he was never a threat to him. If Shi Fengju did not acknowledge him, then that was so. If he were to piss that man off, just a gesture from that man's finger and a quick instruction would be enough to put him in a predicament with no chance to complain.

Sang Pingliang finally became more docile after Liu Ya's words.

The visiting at Sang Hong's house was finally over after two days. It was time to welcome the villagers to a grand spread.

What was odd was that no one from Sang Pingliang's family came to attend. Sang Hong then asked Fang Shi to invite them over. Fang Shi was too lazy to go there alone so she asked a neighbour to accompany her. However, it was as if Sang Pingliang and his wife had eaten the wrong medicine as they excused themselves from the occasion.