chapter 81

Nothing less from my mother! Shi Yumei was impressed and happy. As she followed Xiuchun, she went on asking, Hows my mothers condition? Is she doing well? Has she been doing anything? and so on.

Xiuchun briefly answered every question.

Seeing that Xiuchun had not returned for some time, Wang Shi affirmed for herself that her eldest daughter had arrived. After a moment of pondering and doubting, Wang Shi soon rejoiced and she smiled. I didnt think that Yumei will be back. The festival will surely be lively! Good, good, thats really good! After saying so, she asked Nanny Jiang whether she wore the appropriate clothes and whether a change was needed.

Nanny Jiang could not help but smile. Eldest Miss is your daughter, and her husband is your younger generation. Theres no need to be so stressed about it!

That is true. Wang Shi thought for a while and nodded her head as she ordered the servants to quickly prepare the pastries and tea.

Mother! Mother! Im back to see you! Upon arriving at the courtyard, Shi Yumei scurried and announced herself loudly without any cares for her husbands dissatisfied face.

Ren Zhixian furrowed his brows tightly and cussed a few times about how disgracefully his wife behaved.

Wang Shi could not help but blink a few times as she stood with a smile. This kid, this kid! Why are you still yelling at such an age!

Mother, mother! Pushing the gold silk curtains embroidered with peony dark patterns aside, Shi Yumei rushed into Wang Shis arms before gently hugging her. Rubbing her cheeks in Wang Shis embrace, she smiled affectionately, Mother, I miss you so much!

Aiyo, you ah! Wang Shi smiled and patted her back gently before smiling as she replied, Youre already this old yet you still act like a child! Show me that you can sit still properly!

Shi Yumei chuckled and helped her mother to her chair, Mother, your daughter isnt able to remain by your side and be filial. For that, Ill kowtow to show my sincerity! With that, she took a few steps back. Without waiting for the servants to bring a cushion, she immediately kneeled on the dark red brocade rug before gesturing to her husband with a wink.

Having observed how disgraceful the interactions were between his wife and his mother-in-law, Ren Zhixian was extremely dissatisfied. He stood silently at a side and ignored his wifes gesture.

He thought to himself, Wasnt I forgotten just then? Oh, now that a kowtow is needed, Im suddenly remembered? Business people sure are disgusting! Your entire family truly is treacherous!

Moreover, why should I kneel in front of a disgusting old lady when a clean scholar like me has no need to do so in front of the countrys leader?

Aiya, theres no need for this, no need for this, Wang Shi quickly had Xiu Chun help Shi Yumei up before she smiled and exclaimed, My child! Being filial isnt about this! Do get up quickly, well talk while seated! Quickly invite my son-in-law to have a seat too! Please!

Furious, Shi Yumei could only remain speechless while in front of her mother, and she finished three kowtows before taking her seat with a smile. Even though Ren Zhixian could act as if he had not seen her glare, Cui Zhu did not dare to, and she kowtowed before crawling up to stand obediently behind her.

Your son-in-law has come to visit! Only then did Ren Zhixian step forward. He rolled up his sleeves before cupping his hands and bowing in front of Wang Shi.