Chapter 22: Passing the Mother-In-Law's Message

"Yes of course, of course! I hope Ma'am does not see this old lady as being long-winded, but this old lady shall provide advice without any reserve!" Nanny Li could not help but smile. Deep down, she was truly happy.

She had almost wanted to speak from another direction, saying, "This

Ning Garden

has always been under my care. Not just Sir, but everything from top to bottom of Ning Garden, this old maidservant here knows it all!" The thought of spouting that had come about. After all, she headed over the moment she heard that Sang Wan would be taking over the management of Ning Garden, how could her actions not show her pettiness? Nanny Li was feeling a sense of being robbed of her authority as she rushed over to Ning Garden.

Of course, Nanny Li had indeed come with grievances, because her old neighbor's granddaughter heard from someone that the Ma'am who'd recently entered the Shi household was going to put Ning Garden in order and lay down new regulations. The moment she had heard that, she had to rush over angrily. But it seemed that was not the case at all.

Nanny Li was a knowledgeable person. Reflecting on herself, she realized that she had almost fallen into someone else's plan to cause her to become estranged from the Ma'am of this household. Then again, Gu Fangzi was definitely the one doing this. After all, if she were to embarrass the Ma'am, only Gu Fangzi would be at an advantage.

That sly fox! Nanny Li clenched her teeth tightly.

Gently taking a quick look at Sang Wan, her strong sense of responsibility rose spontaneously: The Ma'am, with such a temperament, is the sly fox's opponent? That'll definitely add to my worries! Sir was brought up by me single-handedly, I definitely cannot watch him be destroyed under the hands of that sly fox!

Sir's wife should be someone like this Ma'am, gentle and polite. Such a character is then worthy of Sir. Unlike that sly fox who acts like a spoiled brat and thinks that everything revolves around her. That fox knows nothing of being considerate towards Sir's feelings. Every now and then, she'll throw her temper around and request for Sir to head over immediately to coax her!

The Shi family is a big household with a large business. Working outside was already enough to make Sir busy and tired. At home, he should enjoy a comfortable life, rather than having to make every effort to please and flatter that woman.

Just from the thought of Gu Fangzi in those days, Nanny Li felt a sense of anger deep within her. Seeing Sir being eaten away slowly by that lady, she had felt both distressed and angry, but she was utterly helpless.

"Really? Then Sang Wan shall give her thanks!" Sang Wan smiled as she spoke. Nanny Li was like a cow protective of her calf, and Sang Wan was entirely aware of that. With Nanny Li helping her, things would definitely become easier to handle.

"Ma'am is too modest!" Nanny Li smiled. After thinking for a short while, she sighed. "Ma'am treats this old maidservant as her own, as such, this old lady is very grateful! Sir is a good man, and in the future, I'm sure Ma'am will understand! All you need to do is to take care of Sir well, and when you're idle, head over to where Mistress Wang is and have a chat with her. At present, you can ignore every other thing, but you've to be careful not to look only at the surface."

In this household, and in both lives, Nanny Li was the first to treat her well and to talk to her from the heart. Sang Wan at this moment was having mixed feelings. Her nose felt a little sour and tears formed in her eyes.

"Nanny's words, Sang Wan will remember them! Thank you, Nanny, for the advice!" Sang Wan blinked a few times before nodding at Nanny Li.

Nanny Li could not openly criticize Gu Fangzi, for she was still unfamiliar with Sang Wan, so she gave no further advice.