Chapter 34: The Chained Incident Caused By A Cockatoo (1)

The white cockatoo immediately became scared and had its beak shut tight but its eyes glared at Sang Wan with resentment. It drooped its head and lay motionlessly.

From the view of the crowd, Sang Wan seized the white cockatoo with her hands and casually handed it over to a maidservant, "Go and return it! Here!"

The group of maidservants joyfully gave their thanks before running off. The crowd had their eyes wide opened as they gaze at Sang Wan and her servant as if they were some kind of monster.

"Sister-in-law Sang Wan, Sister-in-law Sang Wan! That was awesome! Sister-in-law Sang Wan, how did you do that?" Shi Rui screamed in excitement as she looked at Sang Wan, her eyes sparkled full with admiration.

Sang Wan leaned over and pinched her tender cheek gently and smiled, "Because, Sister-in-law raised a white cockatoo before!"

"Oh!" As if overcome by a sudden realization, Shi Rui gasped and went on, "No wonder Xiao Bai listens to you and Liu Ya!"

Sang Wan smiled speechlessly and pouted, "Your large kite fell again!"

"Aiya," Shi Rui covered her face in exasperation and scolded the maidservants for not keeping an eye on it before turning to fly the kite.

The one responsible for holding the kite spool gleefully apologized. Just then, the focus were all on the commotion, who would have the thought to mind the kite at all?

Sang Wan's attention became rather unsettled thereafter and would occasionally drift away when having a conversation with the Shi family's Second Ma'am. Thinking that she might be tired, the Shi family's Second Ma'am sat for a while longer before smiling and taking her leave. At the sight of the Shi family's Second Ma'am leaving, Shi Lian followed and left. Eventually, the crowd scattered.

However, just before then, unnoticed by Sang Wan, was a profound gaze eyeing at her and a strange hook emerged at the edge of Gu Fangzi's lips.

At night after Shi Fengju returned, he proceeded to ask Sang Wan jokingly, "Ai, how did you make that white cockatoo yield?"

Sang Wan understood that the excuse she gave to fool those lasses in the day would not work on Shi Fengju. Firstly, a white cockatoo is not cheap and money may not necessarily be able get one. With the Sang family's current financial situation, getting one was impossible. Secondly, by her temperament, her reading and writing in her parental household was mostly dependent on her sister-in-law's mood, let alone raise such a vain and delicate bird.

Sang Wan felt a little uncomfortable and cited coldly with a tone a little harsh as she stared at Shi Fengju, "How would I know? All I did was give it a little scare!"

Shi Fengju became more interested and went closer to her before asking with a smile, "That's interesting, how did you scare it?"

Sang Wan leaned her head partially to a side and looked at Shi Fengju, "I said, if it doesn't listen obediently, I'll pull all of its feathers off!"

Shi Fengju became startled for a moment before laughing and pasting himself onto a nearby couch. Zhide was taken aback by the sudden noise and pushed the screen to enter but Shi Fengju waved her out. As his laughter continued, he added, "No wonder! If I may add, that truly is something you would come up with! Second Uncle wasn't able to handle it because he couldn't even bare to say such words to it! Haha, hahaha!"

Giving a gaze at Sang Wan's tranquil and tender face, and then thinking of her everyday kind and polite behavior, before imagining the expression she had when she spoke those words to the bird; Shi Fengju felt his laughter almost bursting out from his heart, but he held it in. In a serious tone, he shook his head and sighed, "That's strange! To think it can actually understand! Well, many said it was smart, it seems that's really true!"