chapter 96

“No need, no need!” Ren Zhixian said faintly, “He just feels that he may not be suitable to serve in the study room!”

Shi Yumei looked at him deeply before saying, “Then who do you think is appropriate? Tell me!”

So she isn’t that stupid! Ren Zhixian thought to himself.

“There is one lass who I think is quite intelligent. But I’m just afraid that your brother might not be willing to give her!” Ren Zhixian said with no restraint.

Shi Yumei could feel a gust of anger rising up her stomach. So, he wants a female and not a male servant serving him. Without even using her head, she was already clear of her husband’s intentions! He must have fancied some lass and must want to have her as one of his closest servants.

Shi Yumei was at a loss, and she wanted to quarrel with him, but after some thoughts, she let it slide. Under the heavens, there were adulterers and men who preyed on beauty! Although her husband was lustful, he had never done anything over the line and never favored the concubine to do away with the wife. Moreover, all he had were only servants and never an actual concubine. Quite visibly, he still looked highly upon her as his wife!

Doing so was already a feat for a man, and she was thankful for that. If her husband were like her second sister-in-law’s, then her life would surely be miserable!

Having this mindset, Shi Yumei’s anger seemed to have subsided slightly, and she said with a pleasant expression, “Which lass? Ain’t it just a lass? My younger brother isn’t a petty person!”

“That’s good to hear! Then I’ll be eagerly waiting for you to ask!” Ren Zhixian said, “She’s that servant always by your sister-in-law’s side. She goes by the name Zhide!”

Shi Yumei’s eyes went slightly clouded for a moment. “Zhide? Zhide ah!”

The moment she heard that the servant was her sister-in-law’s, she felt somewhat unhappy. But after recalling Gu Fangzi’s words, and then about Zhide being a servant born in the household, she nodded with a smile,. “You sure have good eyes. That is my sister-in-law’s head servant who has always been serving in the small garden! Alright, when my brother returns, I’ll ask him!”

Ren Zhixian’s face was filled with glee, and he quickly said his thanks before saying how having a servant serving him by his side would let him focus on his studies without the need to keep on worrying about other things. Coaxed after hearing things like their future was secured because he would study hard, Shi Yumei vouched with a sigh, “If that’ll really let you settle your heart to study, then let’s forget one, I’m even willing to ask for ten!”

“My good wife!” Ren Zhixian smiled and cupped his hands before frowning. “Although you can understand me, your younger brother doesn’t. He thinks that I’m deliberately asking for too much and purposely sent a problematic servant to me! But if we were to argue until the heavens shake, then I think it’s best not to! After all, we’re living in someone else’s household. We should put up with things as much as we can!”

Although Shi Yumei was thinking the same, she disliked hearing it from someone else’s mouth. It was almost as if she did not belong to the household, and that she was not Mother’s most cherished daughter and not her younger brother’s sister!