chapter 103

Sang Yufei raised his brows, and there was a glimmer of light in his eyes as he smiled to say, “After the announcement, I plan to hurry home. I believe the earliest I can reach home is by tomorrow. The group coming to announce the good news should arrive in town on the day after. Sang Wan, tomorrow when you return, find a place to stay the night first. Ill go back first and do some preparations beforehand.

Sang Wan leaned her head on one side as she glanced at her second brother before grinning. “Does Second Brother have a ploy to make Second Uncle and Aunt on the losing end?”

Sang Yufei laughed and shook his head, “It can’t be called that since the result still lies in Second Uncle and Aunt’s hands. It all depends on what they would do!”

“It’s good enough that Second Brother has a plan, but it’s best to let Big Brother and Sister-in-law know of it first! If it isn’t something disastrous, Big Brother will definitely comply. Big Brother has always treated us the best after all!” Sang Wan smiled, and a gust of warmth seemingly seethed into her heart.

“You’re right! Big Brother and Sister-in-law are the best of the best in this world!” Sang Yufei could not help but sigh. Even though their sister-in-law had a sharp tongue and would give him a stern glare occasionally, she had always treated him well. She would put those around her ahead of herself; when the weather was chilly, the first warm clothing she made was his! If not for her selflessness and her support, would he have been able to focus entirely on his studies and be where he was today?

On that thought, Sang Wan’s eyes became teary, but she managed to force a smile. “Sister-in-law’s kindness didn’t go in vain. It’s also a blessing that you were able to catch a boat back! This must all be heaven’s will!”

It was necessary to note and understand that the imperial examination was the biggest and most important cultural event within the country. It impacted promotions and evaluations of local officials as the participants brought glory to the local officials when they succeeded, indicating the effectiveness of their governing while also promoting development of the culture. As such, before the results were publicized, the local officials had sent a small team of officials to return with news the first thing, and it was announced through a channel meant only for officials, which was relatively quicker than any other channels.

Sang Yufei looked at his sister with his eyes wide open, “Sang Wan, you don’t know? After the examinations, Brother-in-law sent someone to look for me while I was waiting for the results to be announced. I was able to return so quickly all thanks to the person arranged by Brother-in-law!”

If not for him, he wouldn’t have come to Shi household on such a high note. Even if he were to come to meet with his sister, he would have done so more discreetly.

With the Shi household’s capability, getting hold of a boat to ferry them swiftly was no problem.

“What!” Sang Wan was startled. She had not heard from Shi Fengju about this at all! For everything that Shi Fengju had done for her, she was entirely grateful to him.

“It seems you really didn’t know!” Sang Yufei revealed a smirk before chuckling, “Maybe Brother-in-law wanted to give you a surprise! Hehe!”

“Second Brother!” Sang Wan couldn’t hide her embarrassment, and she pouted as she glared at him.

“Alright, alright, I won’t make fun of you. You should carry on with what you’re busy with, I’ll leave now!” Seeing her flushed face, Sang Yufei smiled, but he still had to ponder how he should carry out his plan tomorrow.