59

Maam, just you wait! When she enters the family, shell only be a concubine! Maam, display your authority as an official wife and seize what you want to seize; arrange it however you deem! Lets see what else shell dare to say! In the small garden, Nanny Li spoke in high morale.

Upon hearing the news that Gu Fangzi would soon enter the family, Nanny Li was startled and furious. Yet, once her feelings had eased, she grew confident, and like the dust which settles, she became calm.

As of now, only the Mistress could handle Miss Gu. But once she became a concubine, no one would be able to protect her!

Realizing this, Nanny Li wished Gu Fangzi to be married in as soon as possible. Then, Sang Wan could use her authority to turn the girl honest and prevent her from abusing any affectation ever again!

Nanny Lis ideas were well understood. As for the injustice she received in this matter, Sang Wan neither uttered a single complaint to Nanny Li nor even asked for her aid to conceal this matter.

Largely because she knew that Nanny Li would not only disagree but also feel disgusted if she tried.

No matter her dislike for Gu Fangzi, as long as Shi Fengju liked the girl, Nanny Li would not object the marriage. In fact, the only thing she disliked about Gu Fangzi was how disobedient she was and how she did not treat Shi Fengju like the sky and serve him!

All Nanny Li wanted was to help her teach Gu Fangzi a lesson and make her more honest, nothing more.

Sang Wan sighed to herself. Nanny Li underestimated Gu Fangzis position in Shi Fengjus heart! Besides, what qualification does she have to remediate Gu Fangzi? Shi Fengju would not agree to it.

In the main courtyard, Wang Shi reminded Gu Fangzi to patiently wait for the appointed day to come, to bring more silvers with her, to bring along a maidservant close to her, to not go head to head with her father, and to do much more. Gu Fangzi nodded from time to time as she was being carefully reminded. However, she was reluctant to part.

Aunt, Im really unwilling to leave you! When Im not around, youve got to take care of your body! After today, the days ahead will get warmer and warmer, but you must still be careful not catch a cold. You should take less of those cooling food! In the afternoon when the sun is high in the sky, dont leave the house, but dont just shut yourself inside your chamber too. In the morning or evening, go out and have a stroll; itll be good for your body

Wang Shi could not help but feel an unwillingness to part as well, so she held Gu Fangzis hand, Good, good. Aunt understands! Keke, really, only you are the closest to Aunt! Go home and rest well. You can rest assured that Aunt wont let you down! With that said, she added with a smile, The next time we meet, it will be when you call me Mother!

At the corner, Nanny Jiang raised an eyelid and yawned silently.

Gu Fangzis eyes, however, glistened, and she nodded bashfully, En, Fangzi also looks forward to that day too! With that done, she gave a pleasant smile to Wang Shi before taking her leave.

Returning to the Peony Park, she discovered two to three maidservants of the Management already waiting for her. Seeing her, they quickly greeted her before some reported of various matters while others exchanged tabs with items.

Gu Fangzi cheered herself up and settled the maidservants one by one.

The maidservants fawned over the future concubine, and good words kept flowing like rivers waters. If it were the past, Gu Fangzi would surely be beaming and every pore on her skin would feel comfortable.

However, now that she was about to hand over her power, those words sounded particularly harsh to the ear! Imagining the faces these maidservants would have towards her once she lost the power to manage the household, Gu Fangzi felt a chill run down her spine.