65

She still didnt believe him! Having been in love so so many years, how could she not believe in him, and not understand his character! Shi Fengjus heart felt empty and there was a huge sense of disappointment which he could not speak about. He was not ready to give up, and asked again, Fanger, Im speaking the truth! We can think of a solution together, I believe itll be possible! After three years, Ill marry you as my official wife!

There was no way Gu Fangzi would believe in his words, and she saw those words as a way of him trying to delay tying the knot with her! Three years? She sneered to herself, who knows what would happen in three years! Even the flowers of a long yellow daylily would have already withered!

If she were to follow with the mourning, she would have to stay in this yard. Even the Shi household was a place she could not go! There was this saying that the tea cools when the person walks away. Who knows, he might have already forgotten who she was after three years.

But she had to hold on to him tightly, to have him by her side.

Big cousin, I really never desire the position to be your official wife, really! Im already satisfied to be able to be with you, even if I were to become a concubine! Ill surely get along well with cousin-in-law, and not make it difficult for you! Gu Fangzi spoke pitifully, Big cousin, dont tell me you are worried that an orphan like me can spark any kind of trouble? That wont happen! If someone could take me in and shelter me from the wind and the rain, I, Im already contented!

As she spoke, tears began to fall again.

Shi Fengju stared at her blankly, with a heart entirely at a loss.

She was satisfied, she said she was satisfied even if she were a concubine!

However, he was not. He loved her, and do not wish for her to suffer. He wished for her to stand on an equal footing with him as they join hands together until death! And when that time comes, they would enter the ancestral temple together and enjoy the worship of their future generations! And not have her name be engraved as just a concubine! He, Shi Fengju, lacks no servants, nor does the Shi household too!

Big cousin

Fanger, Shi Fengju sighed and said softly, Theres something Im not sure if youll believe me or not, but Ive never done anything to Sang Wan. She and I have made an agreement to separate after a year and void the marriage. If, if youre willing to wait after the three-year mourning, I can really marry you as my official wife.

Gu Fangzi was stunned and she looked at Shi Fengju, whose face was pale as if he had seen a ghost.

The moment Shi Fengju said it, he secretly regretted! How could he have said it! If word were to spread and turned into some nonsensical gossip, how would Sang Wan continue to live? And what would his Shi familys reputation become!

What? What did you say? Gu Fangzis eyes stared straight at him with a stunned expression that did not change.

But she could not be blamed for that because that news was too shocking for her! How could that be!

Shi Fengju coughed a little strangely and shunned his eyes from her gaze before speaking unnaturally, That, nothing, its up to you to believe or not!

If Gu Fangzi truly understood Shi Fengju, then she would have known that his expression now was definitely him telling the truth. However, with her mind all set for her own future, she was not in the right mind to discern between a lie and a truth.

Seeing Shi Fengju trying to close the topic and evading her eyes, Gu Fangzi immediately deemed that his heart was guiltyguilty for trying to deceive her!