64

"Yes, Missy!" Nanny Li responded and withdrew. Her words had no intentions of selfishly destroying Gu Fangzi's image, but because she was truly concerned about it. If Gu Fangzi's life was too dominant, where whoever she was with would end up miserable, then what would happen to the Young Master? There are so many good women to choose from under the sky to become the young master's concubine. With that many for the young master to pick at random, who said it had to be Gu Fangzi?

Seeing the situation, Sang Wan also followed and withdrew.

"Oh, also," Wang Shi stopped them, "Send Fengju a letter. Tell him that the matter will not proceed so that he wouldn't have to hurry and handle what he had to before coming back! Oh, and don't tell him about the Gu family's matter yet! He wouldn't be of any help even if we told him!"

Sang Wan and Nanny Li accepted. In their mind, their thoughts were the same: Things were about to get troublesome!

But who would have thought that when they sent a letter, they instead received a message from Shi Fengju even though their letter was presumed to still be on the way to him!

It was not a written message, but a message by the word of mouth. Qian He reported that the young master had hurried over to Miss Gu's house and will be back in a few days.

Once Wang Shi was done listening, her expression changed into an unsightly one. She became silent for a while before asking bitterly, "How did the young master know about the Gu family's matter?"

Qian He saw the change in expression of the mistress's face and his body stiffened as he braced himself with a smile, "Erm, uh, Miss Gu sent someone to await the young master at the Qingzhou Wharf. After reading Miss Gu's letter, he hurriedly hired a carriage to rush over there and let nubi report back to Mistress..."

Wang Shi glared at Qian He and snapped, "What a capable person he is! Already so close to home and doesn't even bother coming to see his mother first! If he doesn't come, then what're you back for? Leave! Scram!"

Qian He did not seem frightened, but he dared not voice his grievance. Crawling up, he turned and fled.

"Mother, cool down a little," Sang Wan smiled and coaxed, "Old Master Gu is, in the end, a relative; not going over to show concern would be unreasonable. He got the news in a rush, and not coming back first must have been unintentional! Also, he sent Qian He back to report that he had arrived safely! You're the young master's mother, there's no one other than you in his heart!"

Those words cooled Wang Shi's heart and she could not help but look at Sang Wan before sighing, "Sang Wan ah, you really are a good daughter-in-law. It's fortunate that you're here, otherwise, I might have already died of anger!"

"Mother, please don't say that!" Sang Wan laughed, "Sang Wan has always been taken care by mother, and had never done anything for mother. If mother says so, Sang Wan will feel ashamed!"

Wang Shi smiled, "Mother really likes your gentle temperament. It always makes others comfortable in the heart! Oh well, mother isn't angry anymore! With such a good daughter-in-law, what's there to be furious about! I'm alright now, you may return. I wish to have some time alone!"

Sang Wan smiled, "Then, please rest well mother! I've still got to send someone to bring the young master's luggage in, and when he returns, I'll make a fuss over it!"

What a good wife! Wang Shi's smile became even broader and she quickly advised, "Don't tire yourself out, let the servants handle it!"

Sang Wan agreed and left with a smile.

Some time ago, Shi Fengju's fleet has things to do at Jinling and stopped there. But he had never expected that he would receive a letter urging him to return home before August the sixth to marry Gu Fangzi into the family!