chapter 80

Lan Xiang glimpsed at her timidly before choosing her words carefully. “Perhaps, perhaps Missy has been in a poor mood these few days—”

“Then it’s a yes, isn’t that so?” Gu Fangzi cut her off.

“Yes,” Lan Xiang sighed and nodded, “I won’t speak for anything else, but Missy shouldn’t provoke the young master and make him unhappy. Nubi has observed that in these two days, the young master seems to have changed quite a lot. Missy will have to let go of your fixation and loosen a little of your att.i.tude, lest—”

“Enough!” Gu Fangzi roared. Her face had turned pale. She was standing right beneath the sunshine, but her entire body felt extremely cold.

Even without Lan Xiang telling her, her memories were enough to make her realize her mistake.

To deal with men, a woman must be erratic and act flirty to arouse s.e.xual appeal. But sometimes, giving in is necessary because not just women but also men need to be coaxed.

During the days she was not around, Big Cousin must have been fallen prey to Sang Wan that sly vixen!
Gu Fangzi was secretly p.i.s.sed! To think he’d neglect her!

“Your loyalty to me is extremely clear in my heart. If not for your reminder, I’m afraid I might have continued to remain in a daze! I’ll properly reward you in the future!” Gu Fangzi turned before speaking gently to Lan Xiang.

“Missy, nubi’s life is linked to yours. Nubi being loyal to Missy is something that’s ought to be!” Lan Xiang quickly smiled to express her thought.

Missy finally woke up. As long as Missy doesn’t have nubi go and invite Young Master over, nubi is willing to do anything!
“It’s good that you think that way!” Gu Fangzi laughed, “Don’t worry, I’ll never treat you badly, even in the future! Let’s go back to Peony Park!”

They wanted her to be filial, then so be it. They wanted her to remember her position clearly, then she would remember it to heart. If someone irks her, then she would just be more considerate towards them! How hard could it be?

When he sees her good side, his feelings for her would naturally change.

For two to three consecutive days, other than greeting w.a.n.g Shi early in the morning, she diligently remained in Peony Park to mourn for her father. She also did not go and bother Shi Fengju, except for the occasional concerns she had for her big cousin and aunt when she greeted w.a.n.g Shi.

Shi Fengju just thought that she
had finally understood her position, and so he asked for nothing more.

But one day, Gu Fangzi claimed to have dreamt about her father the night before, so she would like to visit Guangling Temple and ask a master to chant scriptures for her.

That was all from an acc.u.mulation of virtues, thus w.a.n.g Shi sure did not stop her from going. Instead, she praised her with a few words before instructing Sang Wan to arrange for a carriage and send someone to accompany Gu Fangzi as she went to the temple.

Gu Fangzi politely thanked Sang Wan and was not fussy about the arrangements made by Sang Wan. On the next morning, Gu Fangzi left and was expected to return home three days later.

The Mid-Autumn Festival was coming soon. Sang Wan and a few other management ladies were busily preparing a banquet for Shi family’s relatives and friends. Seeing that Gu Fangzi had suddenly quietened down and left Shi household for three days, the situation was, in any case, a good thing for Sang Wan.

And just two days before the Mid-Autumn Festival, two guests suddenly arrived at Shi household.

They could not really be cla.s.sified as guests because they were Shi household’s eldest daughter and Shi Fengju’s older sister, Shi Yumei, and her husband Ren Zhixian.