Chapter 121: Awkwardness From A Single Bed And Blanket

At first, Shi Fengju was oblivious to the situation. But he came to a realization when he saw how his wife was acting awkwardly. His lips curled into a smile as he purposefully ignored her hint while playfully watching her reaction.

"It is quite late now, let's get some rest! There are still many things to settle tomorrow!" Shi Fengju said casually.

"But——" Sang Wan furrowed her eyebrows and said, "There, there is only one bed and blanket, how do we sleep..."

"It's fine, let's just put up with it!" Wasn't this the perfect time to feign ignorance?

"You!" Sang Wan's eyes reddened and she turned her back away.

What's the meaning of this? According to the contract they made, he would divorce and send her away from the Shi Household next year to get together with his beloved childhood sweetheart. Yet, he spoke frivolously to her now. What did he see her as?

Shi Fengju became distressed and he quickly tugged at her arm, "Sang Wan, I have no ulterior intentions. Sorry, sorry, please don't be angry!"

Shi Fengju's eyes dimmed. It seems like she's adamant about keeping a distance from me and is still planning to leave me! After trying so many times, her attitude is still the same as before! Sang Wan ah, Sang Wan, can't you feel my love for you from the way I treat you? I want us to continue to be married, to be together forever, only with you!

Sang Wan used her handkerchief to wipe her tears away as she shook off his hand.

"Sang Wan, I am so sorry, please don't be angry anymore! I, I was only joking with you!" Shi Fengju smiled reluctantly as he apologised profusely. However, his fists were clenched tightly by his side. Sang Wan ah, Sang Wan, so long as I have no intentions of letting you go, you won't be able to leave my side. Even if your heart is made of stone, I'll be sure that it melts eventually.

A joke! A bitter feeling rose in Sang Wan's heart. Oh, so it was only a joke! To think her heart got so agitated by that a moment ago; her mind must have thought too much!

"Where are you going!" Shi Fengju was startled when he saw her walking out and he quickly pulled her back.

"I'm getting another blanket from my sister-in-law!" Sang Wan said hatefully, and shook off his hand forcefully.

That stunned Shi Fengju momentarily before he smiled gently. She's angry, and was she feeling a little jealous? Er... or was he thinking too much? Shi Fengju touched his nose. Regardless, seeing how her abrupt tantrum made him feel somewhat relieved.

When Sang Wan brought another blanket over, Shi Fengju had already regained his composure. He quickly rushed forward to take it. "Sang Wan, the floor is cold, I——"

Sang Wan remained quiet and got onto the bed with her clothes on before making space for him, "The countryside is quite chilly at night, so be careful not to catch a cold. You, you can sleep here!"

Unlike the Shi household where the floor was layered with thick carpet or they had an extra mattress, the Sang household had none of those. Sang Wan did not dare let him sleep on the floor. If he were to catch a cold and any servants spoke a word about it to Wang Shi, Wang Shi would definitely make a big fuss about it. Not just her in-laws, even her family would blame her for not taking care of him well. Furthermore, she was not that evil to watch as he caught a cold...

"Alright!" Shi Fengju smiled and placed the blanket on the bed. After he removed his shoes, he got on the bed and let the bed curtains down before lying down while sighing comfortably.

In the end, the bed was truly more comfortable. He had not lain on a bed in a long time.

Afraid that Sang Wan would be put on edge again if he were to speak his heartfelt words, he merely let out a sigh.