Four

Jamie

        The rest of the week was a pain. My boss gave me nothing but crap for missing work the other day. Little did he know I was too busy emailing one of the most famous men in the world right now. Excuse me.

        "How are you feeling?" Jen asked, leaning on the counter next to me.

        "I think it was just a 24 hour fluke. Maybe I had some bad sushi." I lied. Of course, totally believable seeing as the only sushi I could afford was from the grocery story and not some fancy pants restaraunt.

        "That's good." She walked away as I took another drive thru. Sighing. I hadn't felt an email buzz in my pocket for a few days now. I was starting to think my 60 seconds with Harry were up. 

        _

        I stumbled into my tiny studio apartment around 8pm. I hated working second shift. I flipped on the light switch. I loved my little apartment. The bed folded up into a crook in the wall, but I decided to just keep it out eventually. I just made sure my bed was made. I liked sitting on my bed more than the couch anyways. I really didn't have a kitchen, dinners were eaten on small TV trays or laps in front of my 32 inch flat screen. I had small things, but they were all mine. I felt a tail wind around my leg as I kicked off my work shoes.

        "Hey CC, how's my baby girl." I bent down to pick up the bushy orange cat. Her name was originally Crookshanks, but I decided it was too long of a name for a cat so CC it was. She purred into my neck. I found her shortly after I got this apartment. She would sit on the front steps every day, finally I just decided to keep her since she had no tags and she never seemed to leave.

        "You hungry?" I set her down and walked over to the cabinet. She meow'd and followed me. 

        Bzzzzbzzzbzzz

        I heard my phone vibrate in my purse. It was the vibe I had set specifically for emails. I checked the time as I dumped a cup of food into CC's bowl. Too late for anything job related, too early for spam. I set CC's bowl down and walked over to my purse on the floor.

        A grin spread across my face as Harry's email read on the screen. 

        "Yes!" I said running over to my bed.

        CC looked at me funny and gave a small chirp.

        "Shhhh, don't judge me." I said curling up and letting my thumb hover over the lock button for a moment before diving in.        

        Dearest Jamie,

        I squealed. Dearest Jamie? 

        I thought I'd let you know that there are few people who know this side of my that you want to get to know so badly. A few being my exes. (Whom I'm sure you've already read about.) But I've decided to answer any questions you might have, or assist in anything you might need. Like I said, being on the road is quite boring when we aren't performing and it's not like I have anyong to talk to besides these four idiots.

        I laughed at his comments. I had read about his few exes in the tabloids. Not like I was ever a big fan of Taylor Swift anyways. A warm feeling spread through me as I read his words, he wanted to get to know me like I did him.

        I will have you know, I am very romantic. It's sickening to be quite honest. Sometimes even suffocating I guess. 

        Pfft. Any girl would be crazy to find this guy suffocating. At the same time, it's not like I ever dated him. I can't rely on what I've read. I should only take in context exactly what he's telling me right now.

        What I really would like to know, before I answer any questions of yours is; Why are you having these troubles with your boyfriend? Also, if you don't mind telling me a song or two that has you feeling the way you're feeling. 

        I thought hard. I suppose I hadn't really mentioned the problems I was having since that first email. I brought down my navigation bar on my phone to check my messages quickly, nothing from him. Typical. Working late again. I hadn't heard from him since this morning. I rolled my eyes and went back to Harry's email.

        In return, I shall tell you why things turned sour between one of me and my significant others. 

        Was it going to be a famous person? Do I know this person? I now knew what it felt like to write articles about famous people. I didn't want to treat him like that, but the way the media has everyone trained under their belts it's hard to think about him being a real person. A human being.

        I'm hoping we will get to know each other enough to maybe text someday soon? It's far easier than waiting for emails. I feel like I have to pull all of my thoughts into one giant page. I mean have you heard me in interviews? When Lou says I talk a lot of shit, he means it.

        I laughed. I had watched a few. He seems very thoughtful, but maybe he was just talking shit. Did he really mention texting? I never thought about exchanging numbers. Of course I never thought I'd be exchanging emails with him either. The thought of regularly texting him had my stomach dropping. 

        Well, Jamie. I hope you're having wonderful day or night. Whatever it is when you're reading this. 

        Harry

        I read over the email a few times more, I had quite a bit of thinking to do before my next email.

        CC jumped on the bed next to me, bumping her head against my phone.

        "What is happening to me?" I whispered to her, kissing her head.