Forty - Two

Harry

My back was straight, my arms crossed over my chest. My structure reminded me of the security guards we had hired that stood around us. Security I should have keep more closely on my dearest Jamie.

I mentally slapped myself. Now was not the time for self-hatred or self-sabotage. The band stood around us, aside from Zayn who was still nowhere to be found.

(I think I'm done with Zayn, this may be the last you hear of him, sorry. I just thought I'd throw it in one more time, because I don't really care where I left him off.)

"You don't think Zayn had anything to do with it, do you boys?" one security officer said. We had actual police here now, not just our staff.

(I lied, that was the last time.)

"Not at all, we won't even be following that road." Liam said, waving a hand at the officer.

"The hotel is still gathering their camera footage, we believe this has to do with the same group that has been taking over your vehicles."

"Well, no shit. Sorry sir. But who else would pick her up?" Louis said.

"Harry, any ideas? What about Jake? I contacted Sally, she hasn't heard anything revolving around him since everything happened." Niall said.

"No way, do we think Jake is capable of making an entire London group turn on us and kidnap Jamie? Surely he's not that crazy. Maybe we should give him a call though, Niall, could you get it from Sally? We'll have our people contact him. If anything, it'll feel good to think about his face when our security shows up for a visit."

Damnit, Harold. Are you seriously thinking back to Jake and getting a kick out of sending security to question him?

Of freaking course I am.

"Roger that." Niall saluted me and walked over to his phone.

"We will get the US team on that as soon as possible." another officer nodded.

One of their radios piped up.

Security footage has been reviewed. We have a suspect.

We all looked quickly to each other. I began walking over to the officer that began to respond, he held up a hand.

"Sorry, but you won't be joining us Harry. None of you will. You stay here, take care of that Jake person and let us do the rest. We need you safe." He said, he put both hands on his hips as if it made him look more intimidating compared to my obvious height advantage.

"You've got to be joking. I might know him, we might know him." I pointed around to the rest of the boys.

"Mr. Styles, we will no doubt bring you in for the identification process when it gets to that. But right now, we will be reviewing the footage. Got it?" He said stepping closer to me.

I rolled my eyes and sat on the bed behind me. I rubbed my tired eyes, we had been talking and waiting for hours for some kind of update. I had no idea how damn hard it was to get hotel footage in the middle of a kidnapping.

"Mate, we'll find her." Louis said patting my shoulder.

The touch reminded me of a few hours ago when he had patted my shoulder to tell me to go get Jamie in the hotel room. I thought back to the excited feeling I got walking to her. Even if we lived in completely different places of the world, I never felt like I couldn't find her. I never felt like I couldn't contact her and expect a response.

I was lost without her. I felt an emptiness inside of me that felt like a black hole. We'd known each other for so little time, but I wanted nothing more than to just have her in my arms right now.

I nodded at the officer. They all nodded to each other, grouped up, and left the hotel room.

"Boys, we will get this figured out." One of our minders said as he followed the officers out.

"Harry, I just heard from Sally. I'll call her." Niall said from across the room.

I could barely acknowledge him as he dialed the numbers. Why would someone kidnap Jamie?

"Should we try calling Jake or did we want to send security right away?"

I shook my head, no longer wanting to scare Jake into anything. There was no way he would know anything about this.

"Just call him, please. Put him on speaker."

Niall had explained Sally was able to contact him, due to the situation Jake was very much into us calling him, because on some part of the universe he still cared about Jamie even if he was still a douche.

The phone rang a few times, finally I heard Jake's voice.

"Well hello, One Direction. How may I be of service?" he said.

God, he was such a dick.

Jamie

"So what the hell do we do now?"

"I don't know, I've never done this before."

"Are we going to hurt her?"

"No of course not, you did just a fine job of dropping her when we were bringing her in."

A cough escaped my mouth.

"Shit." the voices became more clearer now.

"What the..." I began to say, but then I felt a thick piece of tape over my lips.

"Sorry, doll. No talking." He said.

When I looked up, I immediately recognized Chase. The driver.

I made a few squealing noises, muffled by the duct tape.

"She's a tough one, I thought for sure she'd have a concussion after that drop."

The blonde boy, the one from the hotel stepped from behind Chase. He wasn't wearing a uniform now. They were both wearing black skinny jeans and long sleeve black thermals.

"I suppose I should introduce myself, I'm Luke." He held his hand out to me.

I kicked his shin, noticing now that they had not tied my feet to the chair, I still could barely move with my arms behind my back.

"Damn, that was uncalled for." He said annoyed.

He walked back over to Chase.

"I bet you're wondering why you're here, beautiful." Luke smirked.

Chase laughed a little and looked at the ground.

-

Shameless social media plug-

-@laurenisreading . instagram
-@monstrx3l . snapchat (interact with me daily)
-@writereadgame . twitter (i update here a lot)
-@stylescat . twitch (if any of you like to game, lmk)