Fifteen

Jamie

        Feelings for Harry.

        The small phrase rolled through my mind multiple times. I honestly didn't know what I was doing or why what was about to come out of my mouth worked its way up my throat.

        "Harry, do you guys have plans tomorrow?" I asked.

        "I mean...we were going to uhm...see the stadium and what not." He said, quite clearly not knowing where my head was. Well duh, Jamie. He can't read minds.

        "Oh. Okay." I said nodding my head and looking back out the window. 

        You idiot, Jamie. You weren't actually about to ask him to come to your apartment. Especially after fighting with Jake. 

        "Would you sleep with me tonight?"

        Word vomit is a real thing, thanks Mean Girls.

        Sally's eyes flashed to me, Harry's jaw might as well me out the window. I stumbled right over my words. Heat rushed to my cheeks. That is not what I wanted to say.

        "I uh...I meant to ask if you'd stay with me tonight. Sally has to work in the morning, so I don't want to bother her. I just don't want to be alone" I said quietly. Sally's eyes were still full of judgement. I felt myself getting smaller and smaller, practically sinking into the seat. 

        "If that's what you want..." Harry said, his words drawn out a little more than usual. Well from what I've heard tonight anyways.

        "Is that such a good idea, Jamie? What if Jake decides to come over?" She asked.

        The thought hadn't even crossed my mind. He woudn't be stupid enough to come here tonight. Even if he did, I have nothing to hide. Absolutely nothing. Harry was just my friend.

        Just a friend you have feelings for now.

        "Shit." I accidentally said out loud. They both asked 'what?' and I just nodded my head in defeat.

        Harry

        Well, I don't even want to think about what the guys will think after tonight. Honestly, I just want to kidnap her and hide her on the bus for the next few dates. She obviously needs a break from this town and the people in it. Well, one person in it I guess. Part of me really wanted to talk things through with her tonight, but the other part of me just wanted to hold her. I doubt I'd get to do either of those things. It wouldn't be right.

        "Call me if you need anything." Sally said to her friend, giving her a half hug out the window.

        "Thank you again, for everything." Jamie said to her.

        "Niall owes me a date, remember?" Sally asked me. I thought back to whatever conversations they had tonight. That one not exactly crossing my mind.

        "Sure." I just shrugged my shoulders. It was the least I could do for her.

        She waved and drove off.

        I watched as Jamie clumsily dug through her purse. Clearly, still a little drunk.

        "Can I help?" I asked walking up beside her. She just shook her head no. Silently finally finding the key and turning it into the old door. The apartment building she lived in did have an old look to it, the doors were well worn down. I wondered how well the locks still worked. Maybe I'd make a call to their repair people in the morning. See if I can't get the locks checked out.