Six

Jamie

        I stared at the screen for a few minutes after I hit send. It probably took me two hours to complete an email that was probably less than three pages long. It was most likely too much information, but when I started writing, I didn't want to stop. I didn't know where to stop. I closed my laptop and wiped a few tears away that had fallen on my cheeks. CC lay next to me, asleep. It was late. I'd have to get to bed soon.

        I grabbed my phone off the pillow next to me. Jake had texted me goodnight an hour ago. I hadn't even heard it go off.

        Sorry, guess I fell asleep.

        My texts were lies almost all the time when I forgot to check my phone. He probably thought I was out drinking again, like he always does. Granted, when I first turned twenty-one all I did was go out. He's four years older than me and was well out of his partying phase when that happened. Little did I know he would resent me after telling me night after night that he didn't care that I was out with my friends. I would definitely be hearing about that in the morning.

        Although I should be the one who's getting mad. I hadn't heard from him all day. He's always so busy at work I never see him anymore. Having a male to talk to about stuff like this was comforting. Me and Jake's conversations consisted of mostly 'How was your day?' and 'Goodnight, love you' nothing special. I rarely got to talk to him over the phone because he had limited minutes. I mean really, who has limited minutes these days?

        I wondered how long it would take for Harry to read the email or send back. If he sent back.  Heck, I didn't even know what time zone he was in. Shit I just threw my baggage right over the internet at him. He promised me he would return it though. I was ready to welcome any baggage he wanted to throw my way.

        I really should just dump Jake. But I really don't know if how I'm feeling right now is just because of this new obsession and it has me second guessing everything. I never had this problem before. I've never felt like the other person was the problem. The problem has always been me. Lately it just feels like I'm getting the short end of the stick and I have been for a while now. More to explore with my emails with Harry, I guess. If that happens. I probably scared him away. Talk about guys being busy, how he managed to find time to reply to me was amazing. I wish I could just tell Jake how easy it was for a guy to pour out his thoughts and feelings to me during an international tour, but he can't even take the time to call me.

        CC chirped next to me, no doubt telling me to go to sleep. I rubbed her head and got up to shut the lights off. I switched on the TV to an old episode of Friends. I always needed a TV on when I was going to bed. House noises make me freak out too easily and I hate the dark. I had one more day of work till the weekend, then I would be staying at Jake's.

        I layed in bed, CC still at the foot, and let my mind wonder to places that always led to Harry.

        Authors Note: Big dedication to my favorite internet friend, Saundra who helped me figure out where I wanted to go with these next few chapters. Thank you so much for being my cheerleader. xoxoxoxo