Twenty

Jamie

"I'm soooooo excited." Sally sad bouncing in her seat.

I just smiled and nodded with her, laughing a little. The boys had gone to rehearsals so it was just us on the bus now. I had to admit I was pretty excited.

"What are you most excited for?" She asked excitedly.

"Stockholm Syndrome...Where Do Broken Hearts Go...Little White Lies...." I stopped myself from naming every damn song, because I knew I would.

"Lordy, I can't wait to see Niall hit that guitar in Little White Lies, let me tell you." She grinned.

I thought about the times we sat in my room watching the Where We Are tour DVD or funny videos on YouTube of One Direction. Hours spent, endless hours. Joking about how hot they were, telling fake future stories. I looked around at the bus, One Direction merch lining the walls. It all still seemed so surreal that we could be here right now. I mean, Sally was going on a date with freaking Niall. I was quickly becoming great friends with Harry Styles and even the other guys. It was so hard to remember that we idolized them when we look at them now as such normal people.

Okay, they're still hot as hell.

But very normal.

"Earth to Jamie..." Sally snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"Shut up." I pulled her finger, twisting it a little. She squealed, but then laughed with me.

We heard the bus door open and both looked over, it was Liam who walked in. He was wearing work out clothes. A white t shirt and black gym shorts that hung past his knees. He was sweating.

"They can let you ladies in now." He said waving us over.

I tried to hide my excitement the best I could, I knew it took everything in Sally to not jump and hug me and scream. I worried I wouldn't be able to hide it when they finally hit the stage.

We followed Liam over to venue, he waved to a few security guards and shook a few hands. Me and Sally just nodded politely and said hi to a few.

"How was rehearsals?" I asked as he opened the door for us.

"It's bloody hot here. And I absolutely hate dancing. But good." He said.

I'd never been to this venue before so when we walked in, I was in awe.

It's one thing to go to a concert and see how many people are there, but it's another thing when all the seats are empty and you think about how fast it fills up.

"Harry's got a surprise for you, Jamie." Liam nodded for us to keep following him. We walked through the isles and down to the giant floor area. Their stage was all set now, screens lining the back. There was one big chunk of stage that went out into the middle of the crowd and lined back to the main stage.

He walked up the stage steps and held out a hand.

Wait is he taking us back stage?

My heart picked up. I grabbed his hand and Sally followed me. From what I could see on the stage, it was the same one they used for Where We Are, except there were roads mapped out with the ramps and steps. I stopped to turn around for a second and look out to the seats.

"How the heck do you guys do it?" I asked.

Liam walked back over to me and looked out, he looked down and smiled.

"We try to think of it as a room with all of our friends cheering us on. Not fans. Like it's just a big party for our music."

"Do you still get scared every once in a while?" I turned back to him, letting him know we could start walking again. Sally was following quietly, listening. She seemed to also be in complete awe.