Thirty-Six

Jamie

I spent a good portion of my life mute. By mute I mean, I felt like I couldn't offer anything to anybody. I worked at a dead end job, which I loved by the way, I had a hard time opening up to people, and I had been dating a jackass for years.

A jackass that single handedly changed me and not in a decent way. Five years is a long time to be bossed around by someone you love in hopes that someday they'll change. Reminding you that it was all worth it in the end. Unfortunately for me, that wasn't the case.

I regretted my relationship with Jake a little more every day, but Harry makes things seem a little bit easier. It's a little easier to move on. It's a little easier to just be Jamie. I'm smitten with him, absolutely smitten. I'm not sure what I'd do if I could go another day without his curls brushing against my cheek, or his long arms wrapping me up like a blanket.

I continued throwing various clothes into my suitcase. Not really sure what to bring on tour, of course Harry said I didn't need to pack much, because we would indeed be shopping at some point. Sally was going to take care of Crookshanks, I'd be lucky if I got her back when I came home though. Sally loves Crookshanks.

I quit my job, but my boss said I was welcome to come back any time. I told him I was traveling and I didn't know when I'd be back. He was proud of me after six years of working there that I was doing something for myself.

I was proud of myself.

I damn well should be proud of myself for the things I've overcome this year.

I grinned zipping my suitcase up. I pat Crookshanks on the head a few times.

"Sally will be here soon to pick you up, baby." I kissed her head. She purred.

I dragged my suitcase out of the closet. Harry was waiting patiently on the couch I'd left him in before. He hadn't mentioned me not being able to go, so I continued packing at that point.

"Dearest Jamie we don't need to leave till tomorrow." He laughed.

Oh yeah, I never thought to ask that. Well at least I was packed now!

"Great. Well, Sally will be coming to pick up this little bug soon." I said ask Crookshanks rubbed past me, made a straight jump for the couch and perched herself right on Harry's chest. He was laying on the couch, his head resting on the arm. He cooed and scratched behind her ears. She was in heaven.

"Boy, oh boy. You act like you don't get any attention." I laughed and lifted Harry's legs up so I could sit on the couch under them.

"I could have moved, you know." He peeked around the large, orange cat.

"I didn't want to interrupt your bonding time." I said pointing to Crookshanks.

Just like that, Crookshanks hopped off him and went to her normal spot by the window. We sat there for a moment.

"So, Gossip Girl?" He asked.

I laughed and nodded my head.

Harry

At some point, Jamie ended up lying next to me with her head on my chest. Our legs entwined together, her tiny body fitting against mine perfectly. I wrapped a strand of her hair around my finger absentmindedly.

We'd decided to start the Gossip Girl series over completely, so we could fully enjoy it together. I know she told me she'd watch the series multiple times, but I couldn't grasp that she still looked so into it. The way her eyes lit up every time Serena was on screen, or the way she swooned when Chuck and Blair had a stupid fight. She had so much passion in her for so many things and it showed.