Twenty-Four

A/N

Hey! If you're still here, thank you so much. I'm so sorry this has taken me so long. I ended a five year relationship this week, but it's been a long time coming. The last month has been the hardest. I'm building myself back up again. It's hard to go from being half of something to being all by yourself again. I'm picking up the pieces, I'm getting in touch with my friends again, I'm trying to remember what it feels like to be young. I'm only 23 years old and I've felt like I was 30 for the past few years.

I want you all to know you are in control of your happiness. It is up to you to decide what makes you unhappy and change it. Don't ever let anyone take that away from you or manipulate you into thinking you're doing something wrong. Do what your heart and gut tells you.

Last but not least, I'm not sure if the spacing is still messed up on mobile or not. But I am sorry. There's really nothing I can do about it. x

Jamie

Jake left shortly after throwing the laptop across my apartment.

Tears were still burning my cheeks as I walked over to pick it up. The screen was cracked completely, keys falling out all over. I looked at the different letters scattered over the hard wood, it reminded me of my heart. Broken into little pieces that wouldn't be replaced or put back together easily. I dropped the laptop back on the floor.

"Screw it..." I muttered.

I checked the time, Harry had texted me he made it safetly to Green Bay about thirty minutes ago. My stomach was in knots knowing he was missing a concert for me tonight. Millions of screaming fans were about to be disappointed when their curly-haired dork didn't walk out on the stage.

I walked to my bathroom, deciding to take a few minutes to make myself presentable. I was still wearing the same outfit. Some yoga pants and a ripped up Ramones t shirt that I had tied in the back. My midriff just barely showing. I switched the light on. Crookshanks was hanging out in the bathtub, she let out a small meow when I walked closer to her, stroking her head a bit. I bit down on my lip and prepared to look in the mirror.

That wasn't me.

I thought that wasn't me, until I touched my face. My cheeks were hollow, bags under my eyes. My hair was in a messy bun, but not the cute kind. I quickly fumbled for my makeup bag, just as I was about to put some powder under my eyes, I heard a few knocks at the door.

Harry was here...he was here and I looked like this. He gave up a concert for a girl who looks like she may or may not be dead.

"Coming!" I yelled. I took out my hair quickly, deciding to make it look decent and say screw the makeup. I walked out of the bathroom and continued to pull and push my bun in different directions, hoping it'd look halfway decent when I opened the door.

"It's Harry, Jamie." He said from the other side of the door. I let out a heavy sigh, my chest ready to cave in at the sound of his voice.