Thirteen

Harry

        I walked down the small hallway on the bus with a plastic cup full of water. Sally said she wasn't feeling the greatest and the last thing we needed was management dropping in while we have a female drunk fan puking in the toilet. Not that it hasn't happened before, of course.

        I overheard them talking.

        "So you guys just casually decided to stop through Green Bay, Wisconsin?" Sally asked.

        "Well, see Harry's got quite the crush on the Packers." Niall laughed.

        "Also, crushing on Jamie." Liam piped up.

        "We've actually only been here once before when we were-" Lou began saying until Sally interrupted him.

        "When you were on the Take Me Home tour, I remember. We almost went just for fun. We were kind of in our rock obsessed scene. But no one ever really came to the arena and it was the best place to see bands, because it was so small." her words seem to slur a little less.

        "Just for fun then?" Louis asked.

        "Sorry." Sally said. I could just imagine her hanging her head in shame. Honestly I knew how we looked to everyone else in the world. We are a boy band. We really didn't care about the image though. Just really liked the music and the fans are great.

        I finally walked out through the curtain to give Sally her water.

        "Thank you...Harry." She nodded taking it from me. I smiled politely and took a seat next to Niall.

        "Is Jamie okay with Jake? He seemed pretty angry." I said, almost a whisper. I didn't know if it was even territory I should be treading on. I thought back to her face as she left the bar with him. She didn't look scared, she looked broken.

        "Oh, she'll be fine. I wouldn't worry too much." She waved me off. I began to feel like this is a normal thing.

        I grabbed my phone off the counter that was sitting next to Lou. I still hadn't had a text from her. Although if her best friend is telling me not to worry, I shouldn't, right?

        Jamie

        "Honestly, Jake. You're going to yell at me for meeting Harry Styles? He was at the freaking bar, you know how much I love One Direction." I said angrily, but trying to keep my voice down. He had taken us to his apartment, not mine. It was not the ideal situation.

        "I'm not mad about you meeting Harry Styles completely randomly, whatever. I'm mad at how drunk you obviously are. Who knows what could have happened, he could have taken advantage of you!" Jake paced back and forth running his hands through his hair and down his neck.

        I couldn't believe the fight we were having. The one I thought would never happen. We were honestly fighting about Harry freaking Styles.

        "Harry isn't that kind of person." I sat back and crossed my arms.

        "How do you even know that, Jamie? You don't even know him." 

        I opened my mouth, but closed it as soon as I almost confessed everything in the last few months talking to Harry to Jake. I was lucky enough that he didn't see my hesitation.

        "Nothing would have happened." I said calmly. Which was true, I would never cheat on him. Ever.

        "Wrong, Jamie. If he threw himself at you, you can't tell me you wouldn't drop your pants like that." he snapped his fingers. "Don't even deny it." he added sitting on the coffee table across from me.

        "This is the most ridiculous fight we've ever had." I rolled my eyes.

        "This is why I don't like it when you're drunk. Who knows what you've done at the bar with other guys." He shook his head.

        My eyes flared with rage, I'd done nothing but be faithful to him over the last four years. Even when he was gone all the time doing his trucking job. Weeks at a time we'd have to go without seeing each other and this is what I get.

        "I have never cheated on you Jake, how can you even say something like that?" I felt the tears welling in my eyes as soon as the words left my mouth.

        "You don't remember the sh.it you do half the time anyways." He stood up, grabbing the vase from the table and whipping it across the room. Jake had never been violent until this very moment, I jumped as the shattered glass hit the floor. I looked over to it, panic running through me. I needed to get out.

        "Honey, I'm sorry." He reached down to touch me, I flinched.

        "Don't." I said getting up.

        "Damn.it Jamie! Don't you walk away from me." He followed me to the door.

        I started to put my jacket on as he grabbed my waist in attempt to turn me around. His touch was foreign to me now, I didn't like it. 

        "Please, just let me go. Let's talk when you're cooled off. Okay?" I turned around, lightly taking his hands off me.

        He looked down to the floor for a second, nodding his head. I calmed instantly thinking it was going to be okay, we'd spend the night separate and just regroup in the morning.

        I sighed and turned back to the door.

        "I'll talk to you in the morning,--" I began, but was cut off by the slam inches away from my face. My whole body was pushed up against the door now. Panic was reentering me as Jake put the pressure from his chest onto me. His hands were on either side of my head. I closed my eyes. I didn't know how to deal with what was happening. I'd never been in this situation, Jake had never acted like this to me.

        "Jake, please. You're hurting me." I said, face pressed against the door.

        He backed away slowly.

        "We'll talk tomorrow." He said simply. I nodded and turned around to kiss his cheek. He turned his head and grabbed my chin with his hand, kissing me hard on the mouth.

        "You are mine." He said fiercly. I gasped and turned quickly to leave. He let me go.

        When I got outside, I dropped to my knees. Gripping my chest, my breaths were heavy. I couldn't seem to get enough air into my lungs. Tears burned my cheeks, I squinted my eyes as mascara ran all over my face. Things would be fine tomorrow, I thought to myself, this was nothing. Jake's just stressed out about work lately. He did catch me at the bar, drunk, hugging another guy. A taller, more masculine guy. With emerald eyes and a voice like butter. Harry's voice. Without thinking my phone was out and I was dialing his number.

        Authors Note:

        You guys are unbelievable. Seriously tho, Jake sucks right? 

      Thank you so much for the votes & comments. They mean the world to me. I still can't believe I ranked #179 in fanfiction.