Forty - Three

Jamie

"Are we really going to tell her why we kidnapped her?" Chase asks him.

"Of course not." Luke replies, waving a hand which signaled him to leave the room.

"Dearest Jamie, you are here for one reason and one reason only. For One Direction to come running to you."

So much for him not revealing his plan. Although, I still had no idea why he was doing what he was doing. I didn't recognize him, both were strangers to me. Definitely not celebrities. They looked so young, maybe younger than Harry and I even.

I cursed inside, wishing I could speak. I wanted to ask questions, but for obvious reasons they kept this damn piece of duct tape over my mouth.

"Are you hungry?" Luke asks me.

I look down at my stomach. I couldn't lie, I was hungry. I thought back to the chicken sandwich I was ready to eat in the car. I tried to ignore the growling in my stomach.

"I'll be back in a little bit with some food. Hold tight, nobody is going to hurt your pretty face." Luke said, he brushed a piece of hair away from my eye. If he hadn't kidnapped me and strapped me to a chair, I sure as hell would love to be telling him how handsome he is.

Handsome.

Harry.

Two words that worked beautifully together. I wanted to cry, thinking about Harry worrying about me. He came back to an empty hotel room, I hoped to hell he had some sort of trust in me to not just leave him there. I can't believe I got into an unmarked car, what was I thinking?

This life that H had played out for me wasn't so safe at all. I was supposed to be in a luxurious hotel room enjoying my silence and time away from home and here I am in a dark room where I could possibly die.

I let one single tear run down my cheek as Luke walked out of the room. The door slammed behind him and I was truly alone in this moment, unable to move most of my body. I began to cry and let the tears fall more freely.

Harry

Jake was an absolute piece of crap to say the least, but we already knew that. He had no idea what could have happened, obviously. He gave me shit for sending security to his house, but I could really care less.

The only thing was that he was genuinely upset about Jamie. I could hear it in his voice and feel it in his words. Him and Sally were communicating quite regularly about it, brainstorming. Little did they know, it may be for nothing. This was bigger than them, bigger than Jamie. If they were smart, they'd stay out of it.

"Do you recognize him?" The officer asked me.

He looked to be about 18. Too young to be a kidnapper, at least I thought so. I pushed the thought from my mind, clearly anything was possible. I shook my head, as did the rest of the band.

"It looks like she got into a white escalade." He said.

I watched the tape of Jamie as she walked through the hotel lobby. She looked beautiful in the clothes I had prepared for her in the closets. She held a paper bag in her hand and a coffee. She was on her way to come see me, that's why she had ordered her food to go.

"The kitchen didn't get an order for coffee." The attendant from the lobby mentioned. I looked over to him.

"So how did she get that?" I asked.

"Perhaps, they had brought it in for her. He was wearing the hotels attire." he added.

"They god damn poisoned her and this man just walked through your kitchen?" I said standing up, walking quickly over to the hotel employee.

An officer held a hand up on my chest.

"Mr. Styles, clearly he did not have any idea this was happening. This is not the time to fight. We are all just trying to figure out what happened."

I pushed the officer off of me. Knowing very well he could write me a ticket then and there, luckily he didn't.

"I'll tell you what happened, my Jamie, OUR Jamie walked right through this hotel into a trap. You can see it all on these bloody tapes. So what the hell are we going to do about it?" I said angrily.

The boys circled around me, coming to my side.

"We're going to find her. But you'll have to trust us." The officer told me.

"I trusted you...and you..and...you" I pointed to the officer, to the hotel employee, to the managers. "And now she's nowhere to be found."

My voice cracked.

"Mate." Louis said, he was grabbing my shoulder tightly. I wrapped my arms around him, the best I could with his small body, my head cradled into his neck.

"She's going to be okay." Niall was rubbing a hand down my back.

"I was supposed to protect her and just like that she's gone. It's my fault, it's our fault." I lifted my head up and backed away, tears running down my face.

"This damn life of ours is poison for anyone who enters it." I sobbed.

I had lost any composure I thought I had. I'd be lucky if Jamie would ever trust me again or if she would ever have a chance to.

I pushed the thought of my head immediately, I was in no condition to start thinking about the worst. I had to keep some hope to make it through the night, let alone the next few days. How many days stood between me and my Jamie?

I longed to hear her voice, feel her hands on my chest. I'd do anything for it. To have her here with me right now.

"What's next?" Liam said, clearly taking over the strong role for me. As always. He was always the one who stood up when none of us could. He could be strong for all of us if he needed to, but right now he was being strong for me and I was eternally grateful.

"We are going to see if we can get a clear license plate. The outdoors are a different system, so we do need to wait for those. Right now we have a face and a name." The officer nodded. I looked to his name tag, not really realizing I hadn't even thought of him having a name.

It read 'Officer Stone'.

"Thank you Mr. Stone." I held my hand out for him to shake. "And thank you for not writing me a ticket for pushing you." I added.

He nodded.

"No worries, I get it, you're worried about your girl. We'll get her."

"Is this a bad time to make a joke about Steal My Girl?" Niall asked.

I turned and shot daggers at him, Louis smacked him upside the head.

Officer Stone coughed, I knew I recognized as a laugh. I rolled my eyes and fell back onto the bed.

I'm glad everyone else was so trusting that we'd find Jamie they were making jokes about it, I'll take an ounce of that please.

a/n

I am doing a following spree. For every vote I get on this chapter, I will follow back someone in the comments section on Wattpad!

snapchat: monstrx3l (interact with me DAILY)
twitter: writereadgame (i talk about riverdale like a lot)
insta: kslikestowrite (sometimes i read books and take pictures)
twitch: stylescat (feeds my gaming addiction)