Chapter Twenty-Four

Warning: This chapter contains graphic description of self-harm

Warning: This chapter contains graphic description of self-harm. Reader's discretion advised.

Aravena

Valendard seemed quite clever in that bright light of my aura.

Luminous white contoured the shades of the smooth curves and sharp edges of his face. Dark brown hair was tousled in the wild air. Green eyes were twinkling in a gleam not so innocent. Luscious, full lips thinned in an easy smirk.

Such a mystic beauty!

However, it was the ray of hope, adorned with a sweet sense of salvation his energy was giving off that made him even more attractive.

There! That fluttering stomach was back.

I shook my head and looked down at my smiling grandfather with a blank look.

No matter how pleasant these unknown emotions seemed, doubt had always managed to creep into my mind. Especially, when it concerned Valendard and his unpredictable nature.

What was he going to do?

How would he make Grandfather clap?

Was he planning to act as a silly jester and make him laugh till he finally hit hands?

Perhaps, he would tickle Grandfather!

I frowned.

No.

That was too whimsical, even for Valendard.

"Your Highness," Grandfather turned slightly to a smiling Valendard. "Hope you are feeling a bit better now."

Grandfather only blinked in response.

Valendard smiled wider.

"Well, the air seems a bit too heavy with grim at this moment. Our High King must not be comfortable with such a situation, I presume," He tapped his chin with his finger as he hummed. "How about we turn this gloomy weather into an occasion of joy for your blooming health! A little entertainment could do the trick, what do say, your Highness?"

I pressed my lips tight as I kept my eyes firmly on Grandfather.

It was official. Valendard was going to play Jester.

Grandfather blinked again. His lips twitched into the faintest of smiles.

Why wasn't he saying anything?

"Very good! But..."

Valendard straightened his back as he turned to face me. Not bothering to address the frown on my face, he smiled a bit more.