Chapter Thirty-Five

Aravena

Aravena

"And, once a vampire drinks the blue blood, they will heal ten times faster and gain strength that could rival a blue-blood beholder himself. It could make the night-dweller invin-"

Heels clicked loud outside the dark cell, making me frown.

Ara snapped the book shut and stood up from the ground. She vanished the book just as a darker shadow loomed over the iron bars of my cell.

Vena, who was leaning against the wall on my left, stood straighter when metals clinked and bars screeched open.

"Did they bring dinner already?"

Long dark gown swept the floor as the woman entered my humble abode with confident steps.

I smirked when I saw her face through my heightened vision.

"I did not expect to see you here, Reomenne," my voice was hoarse as I spoke.

She merely raised her brows and looked away.

"I, at least, expected proper behavior from an accomplished queen, no matter the prisoner. However, I'm disappointed."

I scoffed. It hurt to even make a noise with my dry throat.

"You are not my mother. Don't think I'll bend at your frown talk."

She frowned. "You reek of absolute filth, Queen. Not a good look on a soon-to-be-bride."

Bride...

"How much time?" I finally cleared my damn throat.

"Left or gone?" A faint smirk graced her lips.

I scowled.

She let out a soft chuckle.

"Well, two weeks and five days have passed since we captured you. As for how much time left..." Her golden eyes beamed brightly. "We need to leave. Now."

"What!" Vena curled her lips down in a sneer.

"Queen," concern laced Ara's voice as she looked between Reomenne and me.

My face, however, turned blank when I looked at Reomenne in the eyes.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" I tugged at clanging metals around me.

Reomenne frowned at my cold tone before she raised her hands and clapped.

Two bulky guards walked inside the cell and bowed to Reomenne.

"Release her." Reomenne tilted her head toward me.

They came forward and began to tug at my chains.

The heavy metal soon dropped to the floor in a pile. I stepped over the tangled mess and stretched my limbs wide.