Chapter Forty-Six

Warning: This chapter contains graphic description of violence

Warning: This chapter contains graphic description of violence. Reader's discretion advised.

Aravena

That was it!

Enough of this fiasco.

I forced out a breath and closed my stubborn, droopy eyes.

Donnovan was preparing another fire. Bigger and brighter than the last one. Most certainly for the final blow, of course.

With sheer strength of willpower, I dared to move my sore arms and grasped his booted ankle on my neck.

Donnovan widened his eyes for a moment. However, his sick cackling soon poisoned my ears.

"Oh, look! Who's begging for mercy now?" He clicked his tongue. "Poor queen must be so scared to die. See, she isn't even caring about preserving her remaining dignity. So, pathetically predictab- Ah!"

Donnovan flinched and moved his leg away from my neck. His bulging eyes glared red at his freezing boot.

The thin crust of blue ice had already coated the ankle length of his boot. The fun part, the layer of ice was slowly rising to his knee.

I moved my sore body to the side. Grabbing a handful of thick murky wet mud, I raised my shaky arm in the air.

A sick thwack pleased my ears as I grinned at the dirty brown face of the King of Stink-Breath.

Valendard coughed loud for a second before clearing his throat.

Crimson eyes blazed brighter as Donnovan growled shaking the realm. With a single swipe, he threw the heavy coat of earth off his face.

His hand which had been holding the king-size flame now displayed a python-sized long whip. It was dancing in the air as though taunting me.

Did I mention the bloodlash was on fire as well?

After a lengthy struggle between a sensible mind and a tired body, my mind won the battle and I pushed myself up with a groan.

Donnovan moved his left arm backward, preparing to lash out at me.

I sat up straight and outstretched my hands, ready to block whatever hit he decided to send my way.

That was when he suddenly screamed.

Clutching his frozen thigh with one hand and grabbing his head with the other one, Donnovan dropped down on the mud with a splash.