Chapter Ten

Aravena"

Aravena
"

I'm telling you, Aravena, forget the palace. Let's make a tent here and live forever!"

I couldn't help but chuckle as my grandfather dipped his toes into the clean pond.

The evening breeze ruffled his fluffy white hair as a serene smile graced his lips. His eyes trailed over the swan couple swimming together in the middle of the clear blue water. 

Violet blue sky adorning a dim ruby-red sun afar graced our vision. Birds and pegasuses were returning to their home. Trees beside us whispered among themselves as the soft wind greeted their merry green leaves. The damp earthy smell made me close my eyes in a foreign bliss.

Such peace.

I really could live here forever.

"You're smiling."

My eyes snapped open wide as I found my smiling grandfather looking at me. He tilted his head to the side; must have been wondering why I looked like a breathless owl, gawking at him.

I soon cleared my throat before straightening my sitting posture. 

Lord Galvin frowned at that but didn't say anything.

"It's getting dark. We must get back to the palace soon." I traced the grass as I spoke.

Grandfather gave me a blank look before turning to watch the cuddling swan couple again. His feet kept softly splashing the water.

"We're already in the palace garden if I'm not wrong, dear. No need to hurry." boredom oozed out from his frail voice.

I smirked. "Your dinner and night herbs are going to miss you."

I plucked two grass strands from the ground and began braiding them. 

He scoffed. "Let them. I wouldn't mind at all. We two would be happy here. Forget the evil world!"

I smiled. "You are getting too forgetful as of now. I wouldn't risk you forgetting yourself too. Now, come on. Get up."

Grandfather groaned as I threw away the grass strands and dusted off the dirt in my hand before standing up. I held his shoulders, making his trembling figure lean on me as he carefully rose from his position.