Chapter Thirty-Six

Aravena

Aravena

"You what!"

Margherita's mouth hung agape as her honey brown eyes roamed over her messenger witches.

Trinch sisters had their heads hung low. However, only Greta dared to speak further.

"We had no choice, Mother. It was the only way King Master left for us."

"You three could have bloody come back!" Coven Mother gritted her jaw as she spoke.

"We knew Queen Aravena already forced her way here. We couldn't risk further." Wreka sneaked a glance at a fuming Margherita.

"So what! You'll go and sell your souls to that devil?"

"But we gained power—"

"Power to never face the sun ever again, yes," I smirked, earning a glare from Treka. "The reason why Donnovan sentenced an execution for you three at the exact date of my wedding night."

"No. You're wrong!"

I raised my brows.

Treka huffed and continued.

"We were showing no sign of gaining strength and it was already three months since that bitch and we got turned. Donnovan thought it was a waste of time and threw us in the dungeon. But let me tell you we still got three more months, alright!"

"Two months and seventeen days," I hummed. "I never got to know who turned you all, by the way."

"King Master himself. Both us and the maid," Greka mumbled.

"And now you all are gonna go back to your bloody king master 'cause I can't seem to stand your filthy faces!" Margherita all but screamed.

"Please, Coven Moth—"

Margherita grabbed a plush red cushion from the side of the tent and threw it at a sobbing Wreka's face.

"Get. Out!" She pointed her fingers toward the curtained path on her left.

Her chest was heaving up and down at rapid speed. Her usual grayish-blue eyes now turned blazing green.

"Not now." Valendard uncrossed his arms and stepped forward to stand beside me. "I believe they have some explanations to do beforehand."

Treka scoffed. "We are not obli—"

"Deal, Treka." I narrowed my eyes. "Remember that."