Chapter Three

Nathaniel

Nathaniel

The moment I walked through that large golden gate, my breath hitched at the sheer size of that grand structure.

The Palace of Ravendale was an absolute beast!

Seven-story high with more than thirty wings. Brown stone walls. Curvy golden roofs. Narrow windows and wide balconies. That humongous monstrosity was the heart of Liverling, the capital of our kingdom.

No wonder the Palace of Ravendale was considered one of the best castles in the entire realm.

A surge of pride swelled inside me for our kingdom.

And with that, the realization of how small I was compared to all this grandeur started kicking in to me.

Well, I never thought that an ordinary, common wrestler like me could ever get a glimpse of this secretive place let alone get an exclusive entry.

All of this was so high, so far-fetching, so royal... The difference between us commoners and higher-ups was prominent enough. And the fact alone boiled my blood.

No matter how posh perfect this place was, it was my prison from now on. I would be one of the puppets of our mighty Queen Aravena.

Curse the day she became our queen!

The way that mysterious, self-centered woman separated us from all political matters, it was no wonder we common people had zero value in her eyes. It wasn't like I had any interest in any of those things, but it couldn't have hurt to ask for public opinion once in a while.

But our Queen couldn't bother enough.

I snorted, earning frowns from guards while passing through the grand white lobby.

Why would she?

It was because of her, we struggled day to night to bring food to our tables. It was because of her cursed laws that basically outcasted us commoners and her ranked bastards took every advantage of the situation. They tortured us like dogs and ordered us around like they were the law.