Chapter Fourteen

Aravena

Aravena

I frowned at the crown sitting on the vanity dresser table.

The intricate floral design of silver swirled around the curved length of that mighty jewelry. Small beads of some rare white diamonds sparkled their way through the body of the diadem.

But my eyes were trained on that big, round sapphire stone dominating the middle front of the crown. Curved silver vines framed the length of that shiny blue gem. 

According to legends, that gem wasn't a common sapphire but a crystal the firstborn blue-blooded royal had carved. He had shed his own blood, clotted it, and shaped it dry into a solid stone.

Just as the round, crystallized blood on my navel. The only exception was that I inherited the clot at my birth. 

"It's almost time." Ara smiled, picking up the crown.

Chills ran down my spine.

The thought of that cursed crown weighing on my head was enough for bile to rise in my throat.

"At least, your muscles are not aching anymore. No brick factory of a head is a plus point too!"

I glared at Vena.

"It's just for the ceremony, Aravena. You can shove it down the darkest corner of your closet afterward and forget it till the next event." Vena frowned and crossed her arms.

Ara delicately placed the shining crown on top of my head, her soft smile never faltering once. 

My heart drummed faster. Hands turned clammy. A wave of nausea washed over me as the weight of the royal jewelry settled on my head.

This was a nightmare!

Vena scoffed, draping the silky white cloak over my shoulders and clasping the buttons.