Chapter Thirty-One

Aravena

Aravena

Weather was ice cold when Valendard and I reached the border of Garland.

Breathe puffed out of our noses like smoke as Lotus and Augustus landed before the high and mighty border gate made of black block.

The entire dark kingdom was tucked inside these sky-high walls, separating the citizens from the outside world.

We were currently at the southern border gate over the white mountain Khaaj. The reason behind the bone-chilling cool breeze we were enduring as of now.

Two pale and lean guards, wearing long black trench coats, and gray sweaters, approached us.

Their heavy black boots crunched against the white ice on the ground.

I pulled down my brown nylon cloak and summoned a long knife in my palm.

Skin slashed and dark blue blood dripped down onto my pale green gown.

Their eyes widened, making me smirk.

They both bowed their head, lowering themselves down on their knees in an instant.

"Welcome, Queen of Ravendale," their hoarse voice chorused together.

I gave them a curt nod.

"Take the entrance submission of my companion as well."

"Yes, your Majesty," the one with a huskier voice spoke.

He turned his mint green eyes to Valendard who was hiding his face under the safety of his black hooded cloak.

"Name, sir?"

Quite subtly Valendard moved his head to mine.

I had not yet told him under what position he would be playing here.

Well, now was the time.

"Vescovi," my voice was calm and cold, enough to grab the guards' attention towards me. "Lord Vescovi."

"Why is he hooded?" The one with blond hair and a deep voice asked.

Instead of responding, I raised my brows.

"Are you allowed to question a royal?"

Blond opened his mouth to respond. However, his dark-haired friend offered a thin smile.

"For security purposes, your Majesty. Pardon us for the offense."

Blond glared at his friend who ignored his existence for the moment.

"Very well. He's cold-intolerant for your information. Now, if you are done..."

"Of course!" Dark-haired guy dragged his friend to their previous post, clearing our way.