Chapter Five

Warning: This chapter contains mild description of violence

Warning: This chapter contains mild description of violence. Reader's discretion advised.

Aravena

There was something addictive in the darkness of night. Be it a shining moonlit one or just glittery darkness, it was always captivating. This was the beholder of many secrets, many agony, many tears, and many wonders. Maybe that was the reason why most people found the night so enticing. Because it gave lonely people a sense of peace which they both craved and despised.

And, tonight was no different.

Moon graced my way as I was sitting on the back of Lotus, my pegasus that resembled the purity of the moon.

Her silver mane was shining brighter in the moonlight as she flapped her large pair of white feathery wings.

We flew past the vast range of mountains belittling rivers, canals, and forests on the way. The air around us moved with swiftness as Lotus stretched her wings wide after crossing the last hill.

Her pace was perfect. She knew how I liked the ride and that made the journey quite enjoyable. The air swished past my face making my already wild curls go wilder. My black gown that was cloaking the length of her body moved with the rhythm.

Such a pleasurable feeling of liberty!

I smiled through the velvety black cloth with gold strings wrapped over my nose. It was flapping in the air around my neck as dear Lotus swished past the cold night wind.

My pegasus curved her body downwards to land on the ground.

As soon as we reached the rough surface of the earth, an ear-piercing scream tore through the silence of the night.

It seemed my guest settled well with the wolves.

I turned back to see a hoard of big monstrous wolves with human thigh size of thick legs running. They were digging their paws deep into the ground as they moved with the speed to scare, with the swiftness to destroy, intending to devour. Their dripping saliva and hungry growls were proof enough.