Epilogue

Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Six years later...

The scorching sun had dimmed down its intensity a notch when Augustus landed on the pitch black concrete beside the round fountain.

I jumped down on the ground with a thud, letting out a huff afterward.

"Thanks, Buddy!" I ruffled his silky black mane, earning a snort in return.

He trotted away without wasting any seconds. The excitement in his hoofs was hard not to notice.

He was going to meet his mate after a long time, after all.

And, so was I.

I let out a tired breath and allowed my lazy eyes to roam around the proud white and red manor before me.

My lips twitched up into a small smile as I began to walk.

Three months.

I was home after three long, tiring months.

Only for today's little vacation.

My boots thudded on the white tiles as I walked through the lobby.

I first thing that caught my eye as I came closer to the downward staircase was the wall ahead of me.

The wall was full of female portraits.

But they weren't the reason I stopped.

It was the last big painting on the farthest corner on my right.

A woman in a black off-shouldered gown was hugging the neck of a flying white pegasus.

Her soft dark curls were dancing wild along with her pegasus's silver mane as they rushed through the clear blue sky.

Her sharp blue eyes glinted brightly in the daylight, pale skin glowed like molten gold, as she stared ahead.

A thin smirk graced her pink lips as though taunting someone.

Most likely the one who dared to look at her through that portrait.

Darla was bloody talented!

Those vibrant shades breathed life into the picture. So much so, it was hard to believe this was a hand-drawn oil painting.

With one last lingering look, I forced myself to walk down the wide stairs.

I was crossing the living area when my eyes landed on a black book lying on a beige single couch.

Frowning a little, I walked there and picked up the black book.

Only to realize it was just an old diary.

I touched the rough leather cover. My fingers grazed the smooth surface of the familiar gold-plated initials.

G. S. K. B.