Chapter Eleven

Nathaniel

Nathaniel

I was rubbing my face up and down with a brown towel when I heard Rothland spilling loud curses from outside the bathroom door.

It must have been the guards banging on the door this early in the morning. They were here to take me to the training ground.

The beginning of another gory day.

I sighed—throwing the towel on the marble stone slab beside the sink basin on my left—and walked out the door.

"Y'all chickenbutts, wait a freaking second!" Rothland screamed as I walked into the room.

My precious roommate was sprawled across the bed on his stomach like a starfish. A pair of his arms were clasping the gray pillow over his head. His bare legs were kicking the brown blanket, almost risking the exposure of his naked butt in the process. 

He sure as hell was going to open the door.

I rolled my eyes and walked across the room to open the door. 

As usual, a hoard of guards—fully wrapped up in shiny silver armor—rushed through the door.

Why they needed an army to fetch a man was beyond me. This had been going on for the last three days. 

Weird Queen and her ridiculous guards! 

Six stick-straight bodies turned to face me in an eerie synchronization.

The one with a bulkier build and sparkle-polished armor came forward. His steels clanged like a walking doorbell as he moved. 

I bit my lips to stop a snicker. 

His green eyes twitched at my little action.