𝟎𝟏

I sat in my room, playing a song on my keyboard and singing along. 

"I found a love for me

Oh darlin', just dive right in and follow my lead
Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waitin' for me
'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love

Not knowin' what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darlin', just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holdin' mine
Baby, I'm dancin' in the dark with you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass, listenin' to our favourite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darlin', you look perfect tonight
." I sang and finished it off with a fancy ending. I sighed and turned around to see my sister standing in the doorway. 

"Allirah, you should publish songs." She said as she came in and sat down on my bed.

"Lirra, I don't know, I'm not as talented as the other singers." I replied, pressing the keys on my keyboard. "Yes you are, Allirah, you're 100% as talented as them, I believe in you. And if you do, you can go big places, isn't that you want?"

"Yeah... I don't know, I'll think about it." I said as I swung around on my chair. Lirra sighed and walked out of my room. I turned to my keyboard and started to play the song again. 

A few minutes later, mum called down from the kitchen and I dragged myself out of my room and to the dining table and sat down in my spot next to dad. Mum and Lirra sat on the other side of the table to eat dinner. Dad cooked his homemade chicken schnitzel with mashed potato and peas and corn and for desert, we were having mum's chocolate moose cake with ice-cream. "Mum, dad, don't you think that Allirah should sing covers or something?" Lirra spoke up and I gave her a look and she gave me a cheeky smile.

"That is a great idea." Mum said and I buried my face in my arms. Of course she had to say something. "You do have the talent, Allie." Dad said, "you can play piano and guitar."

"Yes, I know, I said I'll think about it." I said, lifting my head up from my arms.

"Whatever you do, we will support you." Lirra said.

Yes, Lirra can be that annoying older sister, but she's very supportive in anything I'd do, and she'd protect me from the big world and I love her for that.

"It's your birthday soon, would you like anything?" Mum asked. I stared at her then shrugged. "To be honest, I don't know, I've practically got everything." I told her and took and bite out of my chicken.

"Really? Not even equipment for your videos?"

"Mum!" I cried with mouth in my food.

"Ok, I'm sorry." She said and continued to eat her food. Dinner was silent after that, nobody said anything, all you could hear was the clinking of cutlery on the plates. After dinner, I helped clean up the table and the kitchen then ran back upstairs to my room. I got my guitar and started to strum a song. 

"Wise men say

Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?
" I sang to myself. I bit my bottom lip then placed my guitar back on the stand and went to lay down on my bed to watch something on TV. I scrolled through Netflix to see if I could find something and I came across one of my favorite romance movies, Flipped. I pressed on the movie and snuggled myself under my covers. 

I heard a knock on my door and I glanced over my blankets to see Lirra standing at my door. "Whatcha watching?" She asked.

"Flipped." I answered and dropped my head back into my pillow.

"Can I watch with you?"

I nodded gently and I felt her climb into the bed next to me. Again, quiet, but it felt uncomfortable, usually, Lirra and I would be chatting. "Allirah, I have something to tell you." She finally said, but she kind of blurt it out. I sat up and stared at her with confusion written all over my face. "Ok, what is it?" I said. I saw her swallow  and she exhaled deeply.

"Mum and dad don't know this, but Cameron has found a job in Los Angeles and we have to move there." She told me and my jaw dropped slightly.

"T-That's great." I whispered and smiled, "That's great to hear, Lirra. What job has he found?"

"I don't know, I think it has something to do with football, but in America."

"He plays NRL, not NFL." I said.

"Yeah, I know, but they've seen him play on the field and wants to put him on a team."

I gave her a small smile. "Well, I'm happy for you." I said, "you're 22 now, you're an adult now. No more childhood." I said sadly.

"Oh god, don't say that, you'll make me cry." She said and gave me a tight hug and I hugged her back with the same amount of strength. "But we'll talk every day." She sniffed and I gave out a chuckle but it sounded more like a sob.

"When do you leave?" I croaked.

"Next week, our flight is on Friday." She replied, "I'm going to tell mum and dad tomorrow night and I've invited Cameron over for dinner."

I nodded and rested my head against her shoulder and she rested her head on top of mine as we cried and watched the movie. "I'm gonna miss you." I whispered,

"I'm gonna miss you too, Allirah." She said and kissed my head and put her arm around me to cuddle me. 

Once we finished the movie, Lirra said goodnight to me and walked across the hall to her room. I got up to turn off my light and close my door then climbed back under my sheets, dug my hands under my pillow and closed my eyes to sleep.