𝟐𝟏

Zach drove us to the city's aquarium and parked close to the entrance. I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car and so did Zach. "Here we are." He said cheerfully as he put an arm around me.

"Where is exactly here?" I said sarcastically. He cocked his head to the side. "That was full of sarcasm." He chuckled as we walked to the entrance. He pushed open the door and we stepped inside and it was freezing just like the rink. I shivered and hugged my torso. Zach removed his arm and I was even more cold. "Put your arm back around me, I'm really cold." I said as I went under his arm again. I heard him giggle and he pulled him closer to him and kissed me on the head as walked into a dark hall.

It was dark for a little longer until there was blue light up ahead and we walked towards it, me still under his arm. We entered a little archway and the walls were glass, stopping the water coming through. There were different type of sea animals behind the glass, swimming around. "Hey look! There's Dory!" Zach cried and pointed to a blue and yellow. I laughed at is childish behavior. We pointed to the other sea life in awe and then moved onto the next room.

We made it to the aquarium cafe to get some afternoon teat. We skipped lunch because we didn't have time. "What would you like?" Zach asked me.

"Just a bowl of chips thanks." I replied. He nodded and walked over to the counter to order our food while I went to find a place to sit. Once I sat down near a large window, I looked up to see Zach. He had the table number in his hand, twisting it around with his fingers and talking to a girl about the same age and she had brown long hair. She was laughing and touching him as they talked and I got a sickening feeling in my stomach.

I watched them wave goodbye to each other and he walked over to me. I glance out the window, pretending I didn't see anything and pretended I didn't notice him until he sat down. I slowly turned my head towards him and he smiled at me and I gave a small smile back. "You alright?" He asked.

"I'm ok." I answered quickly and gave him a smile to cover it up. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm fine." I said as I ran my fingers through my hair and the waiter placed my chips in front of me. But it wasn't what I expected. It was a bowl of potato chips like it was poured out of a Smiths chip packet. "Zach I asked for chips."

"They are chips."

"Hot chips."

He cocked his head to the side. "Oh, you mean fries!" He exclaimed.

"Is that what you call them?"

"Hot chips? Yeah. I had no idea what you were talking about." He laughed.

"Yeah, in Australia we call them hot chips."

"I can go get you another bowl." He said standing up.

"No, it's fine, this is great." I ushered him and he sat back down again. I took a chip and ate it. It was quiet between us until I cleared my throat a bit. "Who was that girl, you're talking to before?" I asked him and he looked up at me.

"Oh, that was Kiara, an old of mine." He replied with a comforting smile then he furrowed his eyebrows. "Not jealous, are you?"

"Me? Jealous? No way!" I replied and took a bite out of my chip. He raised an eyebrow at me. "A little, maybe." I sighed.

"Allirah, you don't have to be jealous about anything. You don't have to worry about anything." He said quietly and gave me reassuring smile and I gave him a small smile back. "Really?" I said hoarsely. He reached over and grabbed my hand.

"Really." He responded with the same tone.

Once we had finished our food, we walked on to explore more of the aquarium. We looked around a dark room, the walls were stone and there were little tanks in the walls, showing little seahorses or tiny fish swimming around.

It was still very cold so Zach had his arm back around me. We both pointed to fishes and other creatures. "Zach!" A girl called and we whipped our heads in the direction the voice came from. The girl that was talking to Zach in the cafe came running over to us and I shifted under Zach's arm. "Hi Kiara." He said and removed his arm from my shoulders to give her a hug.

"We meet again." She said with a giggle at the end.

"Yeah, we do."

"Who's this?" She asked him, looking at me as if she just noticed me.

"This is Allirah, my girlfriend." He said pointing to me and I gave her a small smile. "Hi Allirah. So, are you still in that boy band?"

"Yeah, four years now." He replied.

"That's great. You guys out for a day out?"

"Actually, we're on a date." I chimed in and she looked at me.

"Can I tag along? Catch up on all the detail?" She smirked at Zach. I went to say no but Zach interrupted me. "Sure, the more the merrier." He said and smiled down at me and a gave the littlest smile back and he wrapped his arm around me but I nudged him off. I felt him stare at me but I walked forward in front of them both so they can have their time.

We entered a cooler room that had a ride. It was like a rollercoaster but you go slow. There were different stages that you ride through, there's under the sea, above the sea and ice-land. We waited patiently in line to wait for the next ride and I heard Kiara and Zach talking behind me. I felt a tear softly run down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away before Zach could see. The ride finally arrived and I sat at the back. I expected for Zach to sit next to me, but Kiara was whining  and told him to sit next to her. He gave me 'I'm sorry' look and sat next to her in front of me.

A lump formed in my throat as I watched them. Every now and then, Zach would turn back to check on me and I would give him a smile to say that I'm fine, but inside I'm not feeling the very best. I tried my best to hide the tears that would fall down, wipe my eyes so there was no evidence that I was crying. Something tells me they were more then friends.

The ride finally ended and I got off as quickly as I could and made my way to the exit. I heard my name being called out by Zach, but I didn't want to turn around. Tears kept on rolling and I kept on wiping them away. I pulled open the door and walked towards the car and went to open it. Bugger. The bastard locked it. I didn't really want to face him at the moment, so I looked both ways in the car park before stepping out onto the road. 

"Allirah! Wait!" Zach called from behind me and I broke out into a run but I wasn't fast enough. He was faster then me. God dammit. He grabbed my hand and turned me around but I looked down at the ground. "Allirah, please, look at me." He begged but I shook my head. I refused to look at him. He grabbed my chin and forced me to look in his eyes. I saw that they were watery too. "Please tell me what's going on."

"What's going on? I'll tell you what's going on! That Chole chick or whatever the fuck her name is, is stealing you! She's ruined this whole day!"

"It's fine, I told you not to worry." 

"So I'm not allowed to be upset when she was hanging all over you?"

"Of course you're allowed to be upset."

"Then stop flirting when I am right there in front of you, or even behind you."

"I'm not flirting."

"Well she's flirting and you're not doing anything about it."

"She's just a friend."

"Well it seems like you were more then friends."

"Ok, yes, we did date, but that's in the past. I'm over her."

"Oh so not only you were flirting with each other, you also fucking lied to me."

"Ok, now you're just overreacting."

"Take me home, I don't want to be here anymore." I said quietly. He sighed and I heard the car door unlock and I immediately got into the passenger side as he got into the driver's and drove home.