𝟑𝟑

at The next morning, mum and Lirra helped me pack for LA. Dad didn't come home until late in the morning and was still asleep. He practically woke everyone up last night with the noise he made. He was slurred and saying he wanted to cook and made a big noise with the pots and pans. 

"I've booked your ticket, but unfortunately you aren't sitting next to me." Zach said as he leaned against the door post.

"That's a shame." I responded as I zipped up my suitcase and turned to him. "I hate sitting next to strangers."

"Don't worry, you'll be in the row across from me. The plane leaves in three hours." He tells me before walking off. Mum gave me a smile before walking out of my room and down the stairs so it was just me and Lirra in my room. "So, you're going away again?" Lirra said quietly.

"Yeah, I just, don't think I can be around dad right now." I said and sat on my bed. "What happened between you two? You guys were so close."

"Yeah, well, things can change." I whispered.

"I know you guys fought, but what was it about."

"I was just about Zach and how he doesn't like him and everything."

"Well, how did you get that bruise on your cheek."

I touched my cheek that dad had hit gently. "I just...ran into the wall." I lied.

Lirra was about to say something, but Zach came up to tell us that lunch was ready. Lirra and I followed him to the kitchen and we sat at the island counter, Lirra in between me and Zach and mum placed ham, cheese and tomato toast in front of us. I picked up a triangle and took a bite out of it.

"What time are you guys leaving?" Mum asked.

"In two hours." Zach answered.

"How are you getting to the airport?"

"I can drive them." Lirra said and I looked at her.

"No, it's fine, we can take an Uber." I said.

"Nonsense, Zach is it ok if I take you?"

He looked up at us before he took a bite out of his sandwich and shrugged. 

"We'll just take an Uber." I told her.

"No, I'm gonna take you if you like it or not." She said stubbornly and continued to eat her lunch. I rolled my eyes and ate the rest of my food.

We really didn't do much for two hours. Lirra did drop us f at the airport like she said she would and we said our goodbyes as Zach and I entered the plane and took our seats. He sat on the aisle side and not the window side so he could stand up for me if a creepy guy tried something. An elderly lady came over and told Zach that her seat was next to him so he got up and helped her into her seat. I loved how sweet he is. 

I had no one sitting next to me, so I had the two seats to myself, which was great because it would be easier for me to sleep. I watched some movies on the way, listened to music and read my book. I was almost finished it. I checked the time on my phone and it said nine o'clock. I glanced over at Zach and saw that he was on his phone, playing a game and the lady next to him has fallen asleep. "Zach." I whispered and he looked up at me. I beckoned him to come over with my head. He turned off his phone as I moved over to the seat next to the window and he sat in my spot. "What's up?" He asked.

"Do you want to watch a movie?"

He smiled softly and the nodded and we watched the movie 'You Get Me' on Netflix. I placed my phone on the tray table and connected my AirPods and gave one to Zach and pressed play on the movie.

● ● ●

The next morning. I woke up to find myself with my head rested on Zach's shoulder and he had his head rested on mine. He was still asleep, so I carefully moved my head from out underneath so I didn't wake him. I sat up properly in my seat and looked out the window to the sunrise that was coming up in the horizon. I smiled to myself as I stared out at the pink, purple and yellow sky. It was astonishing. I continued to gaze out the window until I heard a tired groan coming from Zach and I slowly turned my head to face him and he was slowly starting to wake up. He yawned and opened his eyes and they were met with mine. "Morning." He said in his morning voice.

"Good morning." I replied.

"Have you been up long?"

"Not really." I answered.

"Woah, that's a really pretty sunrise." He said, leaning forward to look out the window and I followed his gaze back out to the horizon. "Yeah, it is." I said quietly

A few more hours later, we were flying of the city of Los Angeles. It looked like a nice city from a birds eye view.

The plane landed with a thump, making me and the other passengers bounce out of our seats. Zach and I groaned as we landed hard back on our butts and we laughed.

The plane slowed down and once it came to a stop, we got out and made our way to the building and looked around to find someone to pick us up until we found Jonah. I ran up to him and gave him a tight hug and he gave it back. "I've missed you Allirah." He told me.

"To be honest, I missed you the most." I whispered in his ear, earning a little chuckle from him. "Come on let's go get your suitcases." Jonah said and led us to where all the suitcases were. I got my suitcase and Zach got his and we walked out of the airport and to Jonah's car and to the boys; house. "Are you staying with us, Allirah?" Jonah asked. Zach, who was in the back seat turned around and I nodded my head. 

"Yeah, I guess so." I responded.

"And what about your job? Are you coming back to Atlantic Records?"

"I don't think so, I'll just continue doing covers and find a part time job in a café or something."

I saw Jonah nod in the review mirror as he continued to drive down the highway to his house.