𝟑𝟗

Zach's POV

We didn't arrive home until nine o'clock and I wondered if Allirah was still awake. I was the first one to enter the house and I saw her on the couch eating some ice-cream. "Hey, you guys were out for a while." She said as she stood up and went to the kitchen to put her bowl in the dishwasher, "what were you guys doing?"

"None of your business." Daniel smirked and ruffled up her hair. She tried to dodge his hand, but couldn't so she pushed it away and he laughed and she  made eye contact with me and she walked up to me. "Do you wanna talk?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah." I answered and I went past her and up the stairs and she followed me. "We'll talk in my room." I said and opened my door and went in. I waited until Allirah was in my room and closed the door and she sat down on my bed. I sat down in my chair and leaned back in it. We didn't say anything to each other. I didn't know what to say.

"Uh...so, you don't want to do things slowly?" She spoke up. I looked up at her and nodded my head. "It's just... I miss you, Allirah. And I blame myself for letting you go like that." I said, resting my elbows on my knees and leaning forward.

"Zach, none of this is your fault-."

"It is. If I earned your trust then we wouldn't be taking this slow, we would still be together."

"Zach, I'm sorry I didn't trust you in the first place."

"No, I didn't earn your trust-."

"Ok, can we stop with the trusting conversation, please, we're just going to keep on arguing about it."

"Ok." I said and looked down in my lap, but I felt her gaze still upon me. "I miss you too, Zach." She whispered and I looked up to meet her eyes. "I don't know why I said I want to take things slow."

I felt a little smile tug on my lips. I got up and moved towards her and sat down next to her. "Do you wanna go on a date?" I asked her and she shook her head.

"Let's not go on dates, let's just be together, no dates needed if necessary." She said. I nodded my head and she leaned in for a hug and I hugged her back tightly.

"I love you Allirah, and don't you ever forget that." I whispered as I let the tears fall.

"I love you too Zach, and I won't forget it unless you promise me you won't." She replied. It sounded like she's crying as well. We pulled apart and I gazed at her beautiful face and wiped a tear away that was falling down her cheek. "I promise." I whispered with a small smile. She cupped my cheeks and gave me a peck on the lips. "Would you like to watch a movie?" I asked her. She nodded eagerly and we sat back on my bed and I turned on Netflix. "Babadook?" 

"No." She answered immediately. I laughed and kissed the top of her head as I pulled her closer to me. 

I have no words to explain how happy I am.

Hours passed and Allirah fell asleep in my arms as I was still watching Grown Ups 2 until there was a knock on my door. I paused the movie and told them to come in. Corbyn poked his head through the door and he smiled once his eyes landed on us. "You guys made up?" He whispered so he didn't wake up Allirah. 

I nodded as I glanced down at the sleeping girl in my arms. " I love her so much Corbyn. You have no idea." I said.

"No, I don't. You practically broken when she left and you had a talk with her about this situation. I'm happy for you Zach."

I looked up at Corbyn again and smiled. "Thanks." I said. He gave me a nod and said goodnight and closed the door as I continued with the movie.

● ● ●

Allirah's POV

Seven years passed and Zach and I are still together with three kids and our own house in Los Angeles. We've been happily married for two years and I couldn't think of a better life then this. 

Mum, dad and Lirra come and visit about once a year for about a month so they can still check up on me because it's so hard to facetime because of the time difference.

Zach is still in the band, Why Don't We, still going on tours and sometimes, I even take the kids to the concert. I never went back to Atlantic Records because someone needs to be here with the kids.

The eldest of my three children is named Blair, she's fourteen years old and she's like me and Zach, she sings and play the guitar and piano. The middle child is Hudson and he's the troublemaker out of them all, he's ten years old and his talent is just being the troublemaker. Him and Daniel get up to no good. My youngest one is Alice, she's six months old and she's very quiet for a baby. She doesn't cry as much as Blair and Hudson did and she doesn't wake up that much through the night. 

"Ok, time for bed you lot." I said to Hudson and Blair who was on the couch watching whatever they watch on TV these days. They groaned and Blair stood up but Hudson stayed in his spot. "Goodnight mom, goodnight dad." She said as she walked up the stairs to her room.

"Goodnight sweetie, have I good sleep." I called out to her and then glanced at Hudson who didn't move from his spot. "I'm not tired." He muttered.

"I don't care, you have school tomorrow."

"Can I take the day off?" He said excitedly.

"No."

He sighed and dropped his gaze from me. "Come on Hudson, you have to go to bed."

"Like I said, I'm not tired."

"And like I said, I don't care."

"Come on Hudson, do as you're told." Zach said calmly.

"I'm not going to bed." Hudson said and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I'll make you go to bed." Zach said and sung Hudson over his shoulder and walked up the stairs. "Dad, I'm not five anymore!" Hudson cried as Zach dropped him onto his bed.

"Well, that was the only way to get you to bed." He said in a matter-of-factly tone. "Now goodnight." He said and kissed the top of his son's head.

"Goodnight dad." He said as Zach turned off the light. "Mom!" He called out to me. Zach exited the room and smiled to me as he kissed my cheek and I entered the room. "What's up?" I said softly.

"Can you sing that song please."

"Only if you promise me to go to sleep."

"I promise."

I smiled and stroked his brown hair. "Do you love the rain, does it make you dance

When you're drunk with your friends at a party
What's your favorite song, does it make you smile
Do you think of me..."

I couldn't ask for a better family. All it earned was a bit of trust.