𝟏𝟗

The sauce didn't get burnt, thank god, but everyone had dinner while Zach and I cleaned the kitchen. Sometimes, we would steal glances from each other and then giggle or chuckle. I played some music as we cleaned. A few minutes later and the song 10,000 hours came on and Zach and I turned to each other and smiled. He dropped the cloth down on the counter and held out his hand. "Can I have this dance." He said. I smiled up at him and took his hand as he pulled me in. One hand went to his shoulder and the other held his hand while he had one hand on my waist and the other holding the other. We danced around the kitchen to the song with the biggest smiles on both of our faces. He spun me around and I giggled and we continued dancing while singing along to the song. He did that thing we're the boy let's the girl fall into his arms and then pull her back up again. Boy did he know how to dance.

He spun me around one last time as the song ended and we were inches apart and panting, but still smiling. I felt him lean in slowly and so did I but we were interrupted but awes. We broke apart and saw Jonah standing at the counter that was still messy. I felt my cheeks heat up and continued to clean, but turned the music down a bit. "We came to get you for dinner." Jonah said, "Randy said you can finish it later." He added then walked off. I took a quick glance at Zach and we made eye contact but quickly looked away from each other and followed Jonah to the dining table. I sat in a seat and Zach sat on the other side of the table and I would look up at him every once in a while, and when we made eye contact, I would turn red. I tried to finish dinner as quickly as I could, so I could have a shower.

After I was done, I stacked the dishes in the dishwasher and turned it on, then called to the boys and Ashlyn that I was having a shower then ran upstairs to the bedroom to get my pajamas and walked into the bathroom and closed the door and locked it. 

I made my way over to the shower and turned it on before undressing myself so it had time to heat up. I looked at myself in the mirror and tied my hair up in a high messy bun so it wouldn't get wet and then felt the temperature of the water then stepped in. I closed my eyes as I soaked my face and rubbed it. I rubbed my eyes and then the memory of me and Zach came to my mind. I didn't care that I had food in my hair or all over my face or clothes, I just want to spare that moment once more. I smiled as I stared at the shower head and replayed the moment in my head. God, and I was about to kiss him. I kinda wish I did, but what if we did kiss? Would things be awkward between us. It feels like things are already awkward.

There was a knock on the door which pulled me out of my thoughts. "Come in!" I called. Thank god it was a curtain and not see through glass. I heard the door open.

"I'm just going to wash your clothes!" It was Zach.

"Oh, no, you don't have to do that, I can-."

"It's ok, I'll do it. You cook a delicious dinner, so I'm gonna wash your food covered clothes." He said. I smiled and shook my head.

"Thank you." I said but not too loud.

"No problem. Oh, and I left you a towel on the sink." He said and then walked out, closing the door behind him.

I turned off the water and the pulled open the curtain and stepped out. I dried myself with the towel that Zach left me and started to get dressed into my trackies and hoodie and then pulled out my hair and walked out with my towel in my hand. I walked down the hall to my room and hung my towel on the top of my door then went down the stairs to clean the kitchen. Ashlyn was already gone so it was just the boys, Randy and me. 

I entered the kitchen and saw it was clean. "We did it while you were in the shower." Daniel told me.

"You didn't have to do that." I said. He just shrugged, smiled at me and walked away.

● ● ● 

I sat in my bed with the covers over my legs and my book in my lap as I read line after line. A knock was heard at the door and I looked up. "Come in." I said and Zach stuck is head in.

"Can I talk to you?" He asked quietly. I nodded and closed my book and placed it on the bedside table and sat up a bit more so I was more comfortable and he sat on my bed and he breathed in deelply and fiddled with his fingers. "Um...I've been wanting to tell you this. But since that bump in at the mall a few weeks a ago, I just couldn't stop thinking about you. I wanted to see you again. I was so happy when I saw you in New York at Atlantic Records, like you have no idea. And that moment just before, it was the happiest moment I've ever had, I've never been that happy. So what I'm trying to say is...I like you Allirah. Like, I like you a lot. And I was hoping that you feel the same way about me." He said, making eye contact with me. I couldn't speak. I just stared at him. He shook his head slowly. "I'm sorry, I just blurted that out, I shouldn't have said anything." He was about to get up, but I pulled him back down and kissed his lips. He was taken by surprise, but he slowly brought his hand up to my cheek and brushed his thumb lightly across it. We pulled away to catch our breath and we rested our foreheads together. I didn't open my eyes until moments later and I saw his smiling face. I smiled back at him and laughed and so did he. "Yes, Zach. I do like you in the same way." I said. He smiled and pecked me on the lips again.

"You've just made me the happiest guy alive." He chuckled and so did I. He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and stared at me. "What are you reading?"

"Uh, One Of Us Is Lying." I replied and I looked at my book on the bedside table.

"Can you read some to me?"

I stared at him and then nodded and stretched out my legs. He positioned himself next to me and rested his head on my shoulder, making the butterflies awaken in my stomach. I opened to the page I was up to and started to read quietly out loud to him