𝟏𝟎

Lauren and I worked in the studio for ages, it's been about 5 hours. I sang the song about 10 times to get it right and now we're working on the music which took forever because we had to go back and forth from the recording room and to the music room where different instruments were so we could add it to the lyrics. 

"You did great for your first day Allirah." Lauren said once we were in the elevator and we were going back down. I smiled at her as if to say 'thanks'. 

The doors opened and I went to walk out but I bumped into someone. "I am very sorry." I told them and looked up at them as they turned around. 

"It's no problem." They said and it was the same boy that I bumped into the other day in Los Angeles. He gave out a small chuckle and smiled. "Well, pleased to see you again." He said and gave out a soft giggle. 

"Zach, you boys back so soon." Lauren said, obviously knowing him. "This is Allirah, I'm her manager and I'll be working with her."

Zach smiled at me and stuck out his hand for me to shake and I gladly shook it. "We've met." Zach said and took back his hand, "kind of. We bumped into each other in LA."

"Ah, very well then." Lauren laughed and four more other boys came over and one seemed familiar to me almost instantly. "Allirah!" He cried in surprise.

"Corbyn? What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I work here, with my band." He replied.

"How do you guys know each other?" Zach asked.

"On the plane on the way here." I told him.

"Oh you were the girl the was being harassed?" The tall one with brown hair said and I nodded my head. "Allirah, this is Jack, Daniel and Jonah, these five boys are in a band called Why Don't We." Lauren said.

"Nice to meet you all." I said, shaking each of their hands.

"Well, Randy wanted us back again, so we better get going." Daniel said.

"Hope to see you around, Allirah." Jack said.

"Yeah, you too." I waved goodbye to them and walked out of the building and to Lauren's car. I got into the passenger seat and buckled my seatbelt in. "I didn't know you knew the boys." Lauren says as she turns on the car and waits until it was clear to go.

"I don't." I said, "I just bumped into Zach a few days ago and Corbyn saved me on the plane."

"'Saved you'? What do you mean 'saved you'?"

"I was getting harassed on the plane by some older dude and Corbyn came."

"Oh, I'm sorry that you had to witness that."

"It's fine, I'm ok." I smiled at Lauren.

We arrived at the motel with lights out the front and plants on each side of the door and the words Moderne Hotel on top of the doorway. It looked really fancy. I got out of the car and stared up at the building. "Surely this isn't where I'm staying." I said as I closed the door and  Lauren came up next to me.

"Yep, just for five days." She said as I got out my bag and walked towards the building. It was busy, so many people were scurrying around, and a lot of people in red uniforms. Lauren approached the front counter to sign me in. "Hi, I'm just signing in Allirah Holden." She told the lady that sat behind the counter and she typed something into the computer.

"Alirah Holden, you're staying on the fifth level room 278." She said and handed me a room key. I nodded a thanks and Lauren I walked over to the elevators. "I'm going to leave you to it." Lauren said once we go to the elevators. "I'll see you tomorrow. 10 o'clock sharp." She said and turned on her heel and walked off. I pressed the button that would take me up and waited.

When the doors opened, there was a family in it, a father, a mother and a young boy maybe about four or five years old. I smiled nicely at them and then walked in as they walked out. The kid dropped their teddy on the floor and I rushed over to pick it up. "Excuse me!" I called to the family and the turned around and I ran up to them. "Your child drop this." I said as I ran up to them and bent down to them to give it to them. "Here you go." I said softly to the boy, "don't loose him, otherwise, you'll loose your best friend, and you will regret it after."

"Thank you." He said with a smile and hugged his teddy tightly. I stood back up and looked at the parents. "Thank you." The mother said, "I don't know what I'd do if Mike lost him, he takes him everywhere."

"No problem. Bye." I said and waved goodbye to them and walked back to the elevators and walked into them when the doors opened and pressed number five. "Wait! Hold the doors!" Yelled a boys voice and I quickly held the doors open for him to step in and I laughed when I saw who it was and so did Zach. "And we meet again." He laughed as he pressed level four.

"I think the world is trying to tell us something." I joked as I leaned against the bar on the far wall of the elevator. "Probably." He chuckled and stood next to me. "So when did you start at Atlantic Records, I don't think I've ever seen you around."

"That's because I've just started today." I told him.

"No way, awesome! How are you liking it?"

I bit the inside of my cheek and looked up at the ceiling. "It's hard and stressing, but, I'm doing what I like." I answered.

He nodded and looked away from me. I saw that he was fiddling with his fingers and bouncing his leg. I looked up at his face and saw he was biting his bottom lip as if he was nervous. "You alright?" I asked him.

"Uh...yeah, I'm fine, I just don't like elevators." He responded, still bouncing his leg and fiddling with his fingers. I didn't know why I did it, but I grabbed his hand and he stopped bouncing his leg and stared at me. I gave him a small smile and he gave it back to me. "So, how long have you been singing?" He asked me, looked away from me and so did I, my eyes landed at the door.

"Uh, I don't know, for a long time." I replied, "what about you?"

"Yeah, I've been singing my whole life." He said. "Where are you from, you don't sound American."

"I'm Australian, actually, I grew up in Sydney New South Wales."

"I've been to Sydney!" He exclaimed.

"Really? Did you like it?"

"Yeah, I'd go back if I could."

"How come I didn't see you?"

"I've only been a few times."

The elevator dinged and the doors opened to reveal an empty hallway. "Well, this is my level." He said and pushed him off the railing and walked towards the door. "I hope to see you around." And with that he walked out. What if we won't see each other for ages? What if we don't see each other at all? I ran out of the elevator and ran in the direction Zach went in and saw him unlocking his door. "Sorry, what about we hang out, when we're free, I can stay in New York longer." I said.

"Aren't you living in LA?"

I nodded, "yes I am and I go back in five days."

"Ok, I'll meet you back in LA in six days."

"Great, I'll give you my number." I said and he pulled out his phone and I told him my number. We waved goodbye to each other and he walked into his room and I turned around to walk back to the elevator, smiling like an idiot.