𝟎𝟐

The next day, Lirra and I went shopping at Westfield downtown in Sydney where nearly every shop was, you name it. We first went clothes shopping in Cotton On so she was ready for LA next week.  She got herself a summer shirt, a set of swimmers and an oversized blouse. I just got a graphic shirt, some sorts and a cropped shirt. We then went to get a drink and some lunch at Starbucks then shopped some more and went home.

We stumbled through the door with our arms full with shopping bags and we walked up to my room and dropped them on my bed. "Ok, your stuff over there, and my stuff over here." Lirra said.

"Or, you can just go to your own room and sort out your bags." I chuckled.

"Good idea." She said and took her bags and walked across to her room. I closed my door behind her and started to fold my new clothes and placed them in my drawers. As I did so, I hummed to myself and danced. I threw out the shopping bags then sat down at my keyboard and played some tunes.

● ● ●

Minutes later, I got bored so I leaned back into my chair and sighed as I pressed down on the keys. C, D, E, F, G, A, B, C. Higher and higher the notes went and I hummed along until someone snuck into my room and scared my by wrapping their arms around my shoulders. I squealed and held their arms in front of me. "Gotcha back, Dimples." Cameron whispered in my ear and I giggled. Cameron has been in my life forever, he's like my older brother and he calls my 'dimples' because of the dimples on my cheeks when I smile. We have this thing going on of who can scare each other the most, and now I have to get him back before he goes. "Hey Buster." I said and spun my chair around to face him and he sat on my bed. I called him buster because he used to get into a lot of fights when he was in high school. "Hey, congratulation on your promotion." I said excitedly and he shrugged.

"Thanks, I'm excited, really excited, but I'm gonna miss you guys." He said and gave me a sad smile. "I'm gonna miss this house. And the food here especially vegemite."

"Really? If I was moving, I wouldn't miss the vegemite as much."

"Well what would you miss?"

I dug my hands between my thighs and looked up at the ceiling as if I was thinking about it. "I would probably miss the milo." I answered.

"Oh yes! I would definitely miss that!" He cried and laid back on my bed. I chuckled and got up to sit next to him then laid down. "I'll miss you the most, Dimples." He said quietly. I glanced at him and he was staring at the ceiling.

"I think I'll miss Lirra more." I joked. I tried to keep in my smile, but failed. He nudged me playfully in the ribs with his elbow and I gasped. "Ow!" I laughed and he chuckled along with me. "But yes, I will miss you very much Buster." I said, trying to control my laughter. There was a knock on my door and we both sat up to see Lirra standing in the door frame. "Mum said dinner's ready." She said. Cameron and I got up and He wrapped his arm around me and ruffled my brown hair. He was tall compared to me. I was only 5 foot 2 for 18 and he was 6 foot 1, I think, so I was small compared to him. 

We walked down the stair case to the dining table and I sat in between mum and dad and Cameron and Lirra sat on the other side. We were having chicken parmi tonight, my favorite. I took a bite out of my chicken and it was quiet. "Mum, dad, we have something to tell you." Lirra said and took Cameron's hand. I was mum's face light up with joy, but dad was glaring at Cameron. "Don't tell me you're having a baby!" Mum cried and my eyes widened at her comment.

"What? No! Mum, Cameron got a job offer." Lirra said quickly and I saw dad sigh in relief and I smirked.

"Congratulations, Cam!" Mum cried, "what are you going to do now?"

Lirra and Cameron exchanged looks and Lirra nodded at him. "Um, I'll be playing NFL in America." He replied. Mum went quiet and so did dad. I played with my food with my fork in the silence, I didn't dare say a word.

"S-So, are you both moving to America?" Dad finally said and Lirra slowly nodded.

"When are you moving?" Mum asked.

"Next week, they wanted him as soon as possible." Lirra answered.

"That's so soon."

"I know, I didn't know the right time to tell you."

Mum stared down at her food then looked back up at them and smiled. "I'm happy for you two. Congratulations." She said and stood up to give them a hug. Lirra had the biggest smile on her face as she hugged mum back. Dad also got him and hugged them both as well. "Let's have something to drink, we're all legal now!" Mum cheered and went over to the fridge and pulled out three cruisers and two beers. She gave a cruiser to me and to Lirra and we all sat down again. She would only give me alcohol of she was really excited or drunk. I took a sip out of my drink and placed it back down on the table.

The little sit down dinner became a party, four drunk adults, not me, and music playing loudly from the speaker. I only had three bottles, but the others have had way more. I snuck up to my room and got changed into a grey hoodie and black track pants and played Perfect on my piano  again, singing along. 

"Well I found a man, stronger than anyone I know

He shares my dreams, I hope that someday we'll share a home

I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own
We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fightin' against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time

Darlin', just hold my hand
Be your girl, you'll be my man
And I see my future in your eyes
Well baby, I'm dancin' in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, while listenin' to our favorite song

When I saw you in that dress, lookin' so beautiful
I don't deserve this, darlin', you look perfect tonight." 
 And again, I finished the a fancy ending and I sighed. 

"You should do covers." Said a voice from my door and I spun around on my chair to see Cameron against the door frame. "That's what Lirra says." I shrugged and got up from my chair and moved to my bed and laid down. Cameron came over and laid down next to me. It was a comfortable silence between us. I stared at the ceiling and smiled to myself. "I love you Allirah." Cameron slurred. He's said I love you to me before, so I didn't find it weird that my sister's boyfriend was saying 'I love you' to me, but he was drunk. "I love you too." I whispered. I glanced at each other a he planted a kiss on my forehead and then got up. "Looks like I'll be staying tonight." He said and leaned against the door frame again, "Lirra or me can't drive anywhere."

"That's fine with me." I said, still lying down and staring at the roof.

"Goodnight Dimples."

"Goodnight Buster."

He turned off my light and closed my door behind him as I got under my covers and dozed off to sleep