𝟎𝟒

Days passed, we would call Lirra every morning because of the time difference and see how she was doing. She was saying how Cameron would come home late from meetings and he also busy at home. We didn't see him as much as Lirra which was upsetting but we understood he was pretty occupied.

My birthday was a few weeks after and I was on call with Cameron and Lirra for ages. 

I sat in the lounge room, mum and dad on one of the couches and Lirra and Cameron on facetime, waiting for me to open my presents. I took the one that was closest to me and ripped it open and it was a record player. I smiled up at my parents and thanked them. I opened the rest of the presents and I got clothes, make-up, skin care stuff and a new phone. I came around the last presents and they were all together. It was a music video set up. I gave out a chuckle. "You really want me to get into this music thing don't you?" I laughed.

"Yes, we really do, you have the talent, Allirah." Dad said. I smiled at them then got up and hugged them both. "Thank you." I said and kissed them on the cheek.

I spent the day with my two friends, Jayda and Marli at Westfield mall in the city and went to the Bondi Beach. We found a spot in the shade up at the grassy area and undressed ourselves tp reveal our swimmers underneath. We raced each other to the water and I dived under the water and rised up to the top. "You're crazy." Marli chuckled as her and Jayda walk into the water. I stood up on my feet and ran my fingers through my wet hair.

"I know." I replied and giggled. 

"Can we go a bit closer to the shore?" Jayda asked. Marli and nodded and they both walked back but I swam back until a wave came and picked up my speed. I screamed and laughed as my belly landed on the soft sand and I picked myself up and turned around to see that Marli and Jayda got dunked by the wave. I laughed so hard at them as they glared at me. 

We stayed at the beach, swimming, having afternoon tea and tanning until mum said she wanted us home. We packed up our stuff, put our clothes back on then took the train back home.

I checked the time on my phone and it said it was 4:00pm. It really wasn't that late. "Allriah, you should've brought your surfboard." Jayda said. I gave out a scoff.

"Like I was going to bring a massive surfboard onto the train with me and take up most of the space. No way." I said and scrolled through Instagram. 

The train stopped at different spots like Darling Point, Millers Point, Penrith and finally where I live Marrickville. 

My friends and I got off the train and took the bus back to my place. "How's your singing going?" Marli asked and  I shrugged.

"It's going fine." I replied as I sat down at the back of the bus and the other two girls stoo in front of me. "Are you going to sing some covers on YouTube or something?"

I rolled my eyes. "Everyone asks me that." I mumbled.

"That's because you have an amazing voice, Allirah, and you should show it to the world."

"Yes, I know but there's such thing as haters as well."

"Are you seriously scared of them?"

I nodded eagerly.

"Allriah, if they do hate on you, they're just jealous because that don't have the talent like you. Don't let them bring you down, you've been wanting become famous like this since you were fourteen and now you can achieve it." Marli said. I bit my bottom lip then looked back down at my phone. "But whatever you decide, we will support you." She added quietly. I looed up at her and smiled.

We arrived at my place and I opened the door. It seemed very quiet without Lirra home.

"Hey girls, how was the beach?" Mum called from the kitchen. We walked into the kitchen to see mum already making dinner. "Yeah, it was fine." I replied as I leaned against the wall. "Why are you making dinner so early?"