𝟎𝟕

Days passed quickly and the morning I was leaving wasn't as busy when Lirra and Cameron left because I already packed my bags before. We got in the car to drive to the Sydney airport, singing along to songs that came on the radio, but it didn't feel right without Lirra. 

Once we got there, we parked in the car park, got out my bags and suitcase and walked through the entrance. It was busy in the airport, so many business people walking about and some families going on holidays and some people just walking around doing nothing. Wow, the Sydney airport is full of weird people. We walked over to the station to get my plane ticket and to put weigh my suitcase. "Name?" The lady said lazily.

"Allirah Holden." Mum told her and she typed it in the computer and printed of my ticket and handed to me. "Are you taking that bag on with you?" She asked, pointing to the bag on my shoulder and I nodded. She hummed in response and looked back at her computer. We walked away from the bench and went to search for my gate. "There's a map over here." Dad said, pointing to his left and there was a map of the airport on the wall. We walked over to it and looked for gate 9. "There." Mum said and pointed to the place on the map that said gate 9. "It's upstairs."

"Let's go, my flight leaves in 40 minutes." I told them and we walked quickly over to the elevator and pressed the second level. It was only us three in the elevator and it was quiet. 

The elevator bell dinged and the doors opened to reveal an even busier floor. Dad held me close so I wouldn't get lost and walked out with me clinged onto his side. There were shops on the right side and a very large window on the left side showing the runway for the planes. We made it to the gate and sat down in the seats near the window. I was so nervous, my leg started to bounce and I fidgeted with my fingers. "You're so close, Allirah." Mum said quietly to me. I glanced at her and she smiled down at me. "Look how far you've come."

"Yeah, I didn't think that I'd make it this far to be honest."

"Well you've achieved your dream and I am very proud of you. We are all very proud of you, and here you are, going to the other side of the world to become famous."

"I'm really nervous." I said quietly. She put an arm around me and and hugged me close, rubbing my arm. "Don't worry, you'll do great." She said and kissed my head.

"Gate 9 is now boarding." Someone said over the speaker and I looked at both of my parents and smiled sadly at them. "That's me." I whispered.

"That's you." Dad repeated as he stood up and so did me and mum. Everyone was starting to gather around the gate. I gave them a tight hug. "I love you Allirah." They both whispered to me, "and we are very proud of you."

"Thank you, and I love you guys too." I whispered to them. We pulled apart and I saw that mum had tears running down her cheeks. I gave her a smile. "Last call for gate 9."

"I have to go, I love you both so so much and I'm gonna miss you very much." I said quickly and gave them one last kiss and hug and ran over to the gate without looking behind me to see their happy but sad expressions

I walked down the brightly lit corridor to the plane an it was quite empty with only some people walking along with me. I'm very nervous, but excited at the same time.

● ● ●

The 13 hour and 35 minute flight took forever. The sleep I had was very uncomfortable, but at least they gave out blankets and pillows, but sleeping on a chair on the plane and next to someone isn't my cup of tea.

The plane landed with a bump on the runway and kept going until it slowed down and stopped. Lirra and Cameron was picking me up and I texted her saying that I just landed. I was very excited to see her again, it's months since I last saw her and Cameron. I exited the plane and got on the bus that takes you to the building. I had my bag on my shoulder as I sat down in a seat on the bus and it drove away. Inside the bus, was very crowded, all the seats were full and most of the people were standing up. I rested my bag on my lap so I could make more room for people. 

The ride only took five minutes or less until we hoped off and entered the building. It was busy, but I searched the wave of people to find Lirra or Cameron but all I could see was heads. I moved around a bit more to see I could find them.

"Allirah!" Someone called from behind me and I whipped around to see Lirra running towards me. I smiled and also ran towards her and hugged her, toppling us over and we fell to the ground. "It's so good to see you." She cried.

"I've missed you." I said as I hugged her around her neck.

"I've missed you too." She said and we stood up, "we are never leaving each other again." She laughed and so did I then I gave Cameron a tight hug as well and he picked me up. "Hey Dimples." He said, squeezing me tight making me squeal and giggle then he put me back down.

"Come on, let's go get your suitcase and then we can leave." Lirra said and put an arm around me and led the way to get my suitcase.

● ● ●

We arrived at Lirra's and Cameron's house half and hour later and I stared out the window to their house. It was a medium sized modern house with grey bricks but it was only one story. Cameron parked in front of the garage and we got out, took out my bags from the boot (trunk) and walked up to the porch. Lirra unlocked the door and opened it and I heard barking from inside. "Oh, I forgot to tell you, we got a dog." Lirra smiled and pushed the door open further and a golden retriever welcomed us. "Hey Baxter." Lirra said in a baby voice as she rubbed the dogs face. The dog suddenly got down like he was ready to pounce on me and started to bark loudly. "Hey, calm down boy, this is my sister, Allriah, she's gonna be staying with us for a little while." Lirra told him as she continued to rub his face. Baxter got up and cautiously walked over to me. I held out my hand so could sniff it and then he nudged it and I gently scratched his ear.

"Ok, so this door to your left is mine and Cameron's room, and then the door to your right is the garage." Lirra told me  and I nodded and we continued to walk down the hallway. "These other two doors are just the spare bedrooms, you can pick which one to sleep in. And the bathroom is on the right and as you go down the hall, is the kitchen, lounge room and the dining table but we usually eat at the island counter. Any questions?" She said and looked at me and I shook my head slowly. 

"Oh, and there's another bedroom over there." Cameron added and pointed to the door that was next to the fridge. "Thanks, I might choose the bedroom at the end of the hall." I said and pointed down the hall.

"Ok, I'll take your bags." Cameron said and took my bag from my shoulder and my suitcase in my hand and I went to sit down on the couch. "So, how's the singing going?" Lirra asked.

"Pretty good, Atlantic Records said that my manager is going to text me, but that hasn't happened yet. I hope it wasn't a scam, or a hack."

"Allirah, I'm sure it wasn't, they're probably just busy with a lot of music right now."

I nodded at her then stood up. "I'm gonna go to bed now, I'll see you in the morning." I said and started to walk down the hall and I bumped into Cameron. "Goodnight Buster." I said.

"Goodnight Dimples, it's good to see you again." He said quietly and gave me a quick hug before pulling away and going our ways. Baxter followed me into my room and jumped onto the bed. I chuckled and changed into a hoodie and trackies and climbed into bed with Baxter down at my feet and then my phone started buzzing