𝟐𝟓

Once I got to the New York airport, it already dark and I was tired, I was too busy writing my song. Lauren said she'll pick up from the airport once I landed, so I searched around the sea of heads for her. I found her at the front of the crowd right at the end and I made my way over to her. "Good to see you again, Allirah." She said as we hugged.

"Great to see you too." I said and we pulled apart and we went to get my suitcase and guitar. "I heard the boys went on tour." She said.

"Yes, and they left me to take care of their home. Hopefully nothing happens while I'm gone." I said and she laughed.

"I'm sure nothing will happen, you're only gonna be here for four or five days maximum. Besides, they've left their place for three months even without anyone looking after their house." She said.

I nodded at her and we exited the airport and walked over to her car and I put my bags in the back. "How about I'll drop you off at your hotel and we'll start in the studio at 11 tomorrow." She said as she drove along the highway.

"Sounds good." I said and smiled at her. 30 minutes later, she parked in front of my hotel and I got out and went to the back to get my stuff. "I'll see you tomorrow." She said as she rolled up the window, waited for the cars to go past and then turned onto the road and drove off. I entered the hotel and checked in. I was on the fourth floor, room 512. I unlocked the door with the card that the lady gave me and opened the door. As you walked in, there was a queen sized bed, nicely made and a door was on the other side of the room which I assumed was the bathroom and a desk on the other side of the wall which was in line with the bed and a TV above it.

I placed my suitcase on the desk and my guitar case next to it, took out my pajamas and walked into the bathroom to get changed until I heard my phone ring. I took a glance over and saw Zach's name on the screen. He wanted to FaceTime. I grabbed it and laid on my belly on the bed and answered. "Hey Allirah!" He beamed.

"Hi Zach." I sighed.

"Is everything ok?" He asked, looking a bit concerned.

"Yeah, I'm just very tired from the trip." I replied.

"Oh, should I call you tomorrow?"

"No, it's fine, I can stay awake for a bit longer." I smiled. "Are you excited for the show tomorrow night?"

"Very excited. It's going to be great to be on stage again."

"That's good to hear that you're excited." I said. We talked to each other for a few more hours until it was midnight. I gave out a big yawn and cuddled me pillow. "A bit tired are we." He cocked his head to the side."

"Just a bit." I muttered and he chuckled.

"I'll let you sleep. What time do you have work?"

"11, Lauren told me to sleep in of I wanted to."

"Well, then, goodnight."

"No." I whined as I rolled onto my back.

"Yes, you need to sleep." He said. "I miss you."

"I miss you too."

"Goodnight." He said and hung up. I laid there for a few minutes before I lifted myself off the bed and went to the bathroom to get changed. I hummed my song fearless in my head as I pulled my clothes onto my body and the walked out of the bathroom and to my bed. I was way too tired to read my book, so I immediately dozed off to sleep.

● ● ●

I woke up at nine o'clock, and left the hotel and ten o'clock and walked to the studio which was a forty minute walked and it was about two blocks away. I entered the building and was greeted by Emily that was working behind the desk. I entered the elevators and pressed the button that the studio was on floor. Once the elevator doors opened and I stepped out and there was Lauren. "You're early." She said and I shrugged.

"I only woke up at nine." I told her.

"Ok, so we can finish quicker. In you go." She said, pointing to the recording room and I gladly went in there and put on the headphones. "We're gonna run the song over a few times and we'll see how we go with it." She said through the microphone on the desk and I heard her through my headphones and I gave her a thumbs up. She pressed some buttons and then music started through my headphones and then I sung into the microphone.

"All the times I doubted myself

All the stories that I could tell
Wouldn't stand in front of a crowd
Or say my thoughts too loud
But there's a fire, desire, that burns me up
For once in my life I'm ready to jump

I'm falling fearless
No other way to do this
'Cause even when I'm crashing down
There is higher ground
I'm falling fearless
No other way to do this
'Cause even when I'm coming down
It's so much better now
I'm falling fearless

All my demons made me who I am
Hold my breath and let it in
All the struggles lead me to a plan
Driving forward with no hands
There's a fire, desire, that burns me up
For once in my life I'm ready to jump

I'm falling fearless
No other way to do this
'Cause even when I'm crashing down
There is higher ground
I'm falling fearless
No other way to do this
Cause even when I'm coming down
It's so much better now
I'm falling fearless
Fearless
."

I finished and stepped away from the microphone as I saw Lauren clap from the other side of the glass. I chuckled lightly as I took off the headphones and walked back out to the other room. "That sounded great." Lauren said as she leaned back in her chair. "We might get you to sing it one more time, we'll record it and then we can release it."

"That's quick." I said.

"It was, we can release it very soon. Now go back in there and we can record it."

I did what I was told and did the same thing.

We did a few changes on it and then we discussed on the music video. I just decided to do me singing in the studio, nothing too big, just simple. "Ok, I can buy you a plane ticket for tomorrow and we can release the song in two days." Lauren told me.

"Wait, tomorrow?" I questioned.

"Yeah, the song's finished, you did a really good job."

"Oh, wow, I didn't realize it was done so soon."

"Same, but those last practices you've just had, were amazing and are ready to be out."

"Thank you. I better finish my new song."

"New song?"

"I've started writing another one because I was really bored."

"Fair enough. Would you like me to drop you off at the airport tomorrow?"

I shook my head, "no thank you, you've done enough for me and I really appreciate it Lauren."

"No worries, I'll see you next time. Send me that song."

"Will do." I said as I made me way over to the elevator. I texted Zach, telling him that my song was coming out in two days time. And he replied saying he couldn't wait.