𝟎𝟑

Cameron stayed over for a few nights, until the day that they had to leave. My household that morning was alive with rushing people. Lirra took her time to do her makeup in her room and Cameron was going back to his place to say goodbye to parents because I don't think that they were coming to the airport. "Lirra! Hurry up! You don't want to miss your flight!" Mum yelled from downstairs.

"I'm coming! Just hold on!" She yelled back. I was already ready to go and I sat down at the island counter in the kitchen, watching mum pack food for their flight. "Need any help?" I asked her.

"No, I don't think so." She replied, "I think we just need to put the bags in the car."

"I can do that." I said and got up from my seat and went up the stairs to Lirra's room to see her applying mascara on her eyelashes. "Can I take your bags to the car?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Cameron should be here soon so he can help you." She said and she screwed the mascara lid on and got her lip gloss. I nodded and took a bag and put it on my shoulder then took her suitcase and walked out the door and down the stairs.

"You right there, Allie?" Dad asked as he took the bag from my shoulder. "Yeah, all good." I replied as we walked out the door just to see Cameron's ute pull up. He smiled at me and chucked me the keys. I caught them with my spare hand and glanced up at him with confusion. "What's this for?" I asked.

"This is gonna be yours now." He said smiling at me. My eyes widened and I glanced back and forth at dad and Cameron and gasped. "Are you messing with me?" I cried.

"No, I know you love these type of utes, and Lirra told me how you love this one, so I'm giving it to you." Cameron said. I squealed and ran over to him to give him a tight hug.

"Thank you Buster." I cried, tears of joy falling down my cheeks. He hugged me back with the same amount of strength. "All good Dimples." He whispered. We stayed hugging for a little bit until we pulled away and I wiped my eyes and smiled up at him. He ruffled my hair and walked back inside the house. Dad and I continued to pack the car with Lirra's and Cameron's stuff and then we all got into the car and started to drive off down the road towards the highway. I played my playlist through the car radio and I sang along until one song from a movie the me and Lirra loved. 

"Driving up the dusty red highway

I got this freedom flowing wind in my hair
Soaking up the wild desert country
All my worries are gone I don't care." Me and and Lirra sang at the top of our lungs and dad, mum and Cameron were laughing at us as we drove along the road. 

We arrived at the airport 15 minutes later and unloaded the car and entered through the automatic doors. Cameron and Lirra got their tickets for their plane and we made our way to the gate and we sat down. "What are you gonna miss the most about Sydney?" I asked Lirra.

"Circular Quay and Luna Park." She answered.

"Yeah, the ice-cream shop and the magic tricks." I said and leaned back in my chair. She put her arm around me for a side hug. "I'm gonna miss you the most." She told me quietly. "You're the best little sister ever, Allie, and I love you. We may not be able to do the crazy things we do anymore, but we'll have the memories. You're gonna come far in life with this amazing talent of yours, I believe in you and you should believe in yourself." 

I looked up at her with tears in my eyes and then rested my head against her shoulder. "I'm gonna miss you so much Lirra." I sobbed and covered my face with my hands.

"I know, I'll be back to visit though." She whispered. We stayed like that, crying silently until her flight was called and we all got up. Mum started to bawl her eyes out as she hugged Lirra tightly. Dad only had a sad smile on his face as he hugged her. Lirra came over and we hugged and she kissed me on the head. "You'll do great things in life, Allirah." She whispered and she pulled away and I saw she had tears falling down her cheeks. I gave her a sad smile then hugged Cameron. "How's it going, Dimples." He said as we swung side to side.

"Don't ask me that." I said, my voice breaking in the middle of the sentence.

"I know, I'm sorry I'm taking your sister." He said and I gave out a chuckled. He rested his chin on top of my head and we stopped swinging but didn't pull apart. "Take care, Allirah, find the right man that will treat you like a queen." He said quietly, "and if he doesn't, I'm getting the next ticket back to Sydney to bash him."

I laughed in his chest and more tears fell down my cheeks and we pulled apart. He kissed me on the head and then followed Lirra to the gate. They gave us one last wave before giving their ticket to the flight attendant and went through. I couldn't help but let the tears fall down to the ground. 

There they go.

They're leaving.

They're leaving Sydney.

I hugged mum and dad as we watched the board the plane. Mum had her hand over her mouth and she sobbed. Dad held me close to him and I saw a few tears fall from his eyes. 

I'm proud of Cameron. He does really well in NRL, and now he's moving to play a different sport in a different country that's on the other side of the world. I gave a small smile to myself as I watched the last people enter the plane the plane then we walked away, pulling our gaze away from the window and walked away from the gate and to the exit.

Lirra's right, we will have the memories that we have together, and I'm gonna miss those days, but that's how life is.