𝟏𝟕

The car ride to Zach's place was silent. The radio played quietly and no one spoke. The sky was filled with dark clouds, but it wasn't raining yet. 

I stared out the window as Zach drove along the highway, a lump in my throat, waiting to burst out. "It's going to be ok." Zach said gently. 

"I'm going to miss him." I replied quietly.

"It's hard to let someone you love go, but that hole will soon fill up."

I took my gaze off the window and looked at him and gave a small smile. "Thanks Zach." I said hoarsely as a tear rolled down my cheek. He took his eyes off the road and made eye contact with me and then smiled sadly then stared back at the road. 

He pulled up in a driveway and the headlights reflected on the garage door. He turned off the engine and we got out. He helped me gather my things, he even carried some stuff into the house. "Guys I'm home!" He yelled through the house.

"What took you so long, Zach?" I heard a boy shout and then Jack came into view and looked surprised when he saw me and the bags on mine and Zach's shoulders. "Oh, hey Allirah, what are you doing here?"

"Allirah has been having some dramas at her place, but I told her that she can stay with us." Zach explained as he closed the door and walked further into the house. "I hope that's ok with you."

"It's fine with me but what about the other guys?"

"True. Guys! Allirah is going to stay with us for a bit!" Zach yelled loudly through the house, making me jump. Zach noticed it and hugged me. "Sorry." He whispered.

"It's ok." I whispered back and hugged him around his waist. I saw Jack smirked at us, but he walked away very slowly. "Come one, I'll show you the guest bedroom." Zach said as we pulled apart and he took me up the stairs and led me down the hall and opened the last door on the right. It wasn't a big room but it wasn't small either. The was a double bed in the middle of the room against the wall and behind it was a closet. Two bedside tables were on each side of the bed with lamps on top. "Jonah and Daniel did most of the decorating." Zach told me and I chuckled and turned to him.

"Thank you, it's great." I said and walked further into the room. I placed my bags on the bed and so did he. "You can stay here for as long as you want. I'm sure we won't mind."

"Thanks, you've been a real big help." I said and stood on my tippee toes and kissed him on his cheek. I saw them flush a bright red and I giggled. "U-Um, I'll be down stairs if you need anything." He stammered as he backed away to the door and bumped into the wall on his way out, making me laugh. "Goodnight Allirah." He said and closed the door. I smiled to myself and then started to put my bags away. I didn't want to make too much mess, just in case I was going soon. 

Once they were away, I got changed into a grey hoodie and black trackies and then climbed into bed but read my book for a little while. 

I was wondering if Lirra was still on the plane home, or she made it home and mum and dad were asking her what she was doing back in Sydney. I was wondering what Cameron was doing in his life right now, if he was still hooking up with that girl or he wasn't see her anymore because Lirra broke up with him. Whatever he was doing, I didn't care. I miss Baxter though, I miss the way he would sleep with me every night and snuggle next to me. 

I read up to the next chapter in my book then placed my bookmark in and turned off the lamp and slowly fell asleep.

● ● ●

I woke up to the sound of a guitar and piano. I slowly sat up in my bed and rubbed my tired eyes, then threw the bed covers off of me and placed my feet on the soft carpet and slothfully walked towards the door and opened it. It was pretty quiet upstairs, all the doors were closed, telling me the some of the boys were still sleeping. I walked down the stairs and followed the music to a room behind the staircase. I slowly opened the door and saw Corbyn playing the guitar and Daniel playing the piano. They sounded great together. I leaned against the door post and listened. I recognized the song almost instantly, They were playing Fast Car by Tracy Chapman, one of mum's favorites. 

"You got a fast car,
I want a ticket to anywhere,
Maybe we make a deal,
Any place is better,
Starting to zero got nothing to loose,
Maybe we'll make something,
Me, myself, I got nothing to prove."
Daniel sang and he sounded so calming with the piano and guitar combined. Corbyn sang the second voice and then they both harmonized the chorus. They both sounded great. They finished the music and then looked up at me. "Good morning, Allriah." Daniel said cheerfully as he got up from the piano and came over to me. "Would you like some breakfast?"

"Yes please." I replied and followed him out and Corbyn followed after me. Jonah was walking down the stairs towards the kitchen. "What's for breakfast?" He asked us.

"Scrambled eggs and toast." Daniel answered as he got out a pan from the cupboard and placed it on the stove and turned it on. Corbyn sat on the counter and Jonah sat in a chair at the table and I sat next to him. "How was your sleep?" Jonah asked me.

I shrugged, "peaceful." I replied, "the bed was comfy."

"That's good to hear." He smiled.

Corbyn jumped down from the counter and came to sit on the other side of the table. "Ashlyn is coming over today." He said excitedly. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Ashlyn? Who's Ashlyn?" I asked.

"My girlfriend." He replied happily and he had a big smile on his face. "It seems like you're very happy." I said.

"I am, I like her a lot." He said. 

"How long have you been dating her?" I asked.

"Two weeks." He responded. I nodded as Daniel placed down a plate of scrambled eggs and toast on the side of the plate. "Thank you Daniel, it smells good." I told him and he gave me a nod as he placed down a plate in front of Jonah then went back to the kitchen to get a plate for Corbyn. "Don't eat it." Jonah whispered to me, "it may smell good, but it won't taste very pleasant." 

I chuckled and pushed the plate lightly away from me. Zach and Jack came down a few minutes later and sat at the table. "I just got a text from Randy, he said he's got some things to do in the morning, but will be back before dinner." Jonah told us all. We all nodded.

No one touched the food that Daniel cooked for us, and when he noticed he glared at us all. "Why aren't you eating?" He asked. The boys looked at each other and I looked down at the ground. Daniel slowly lifted his fork to his mouth and ate the egg that was on but spat it back out again. "That's disgusting." He groaned as he wiped his tongue on his sleeve.