𝟎𝟔

A few weeks passed, I was posting songs on social media and I just getting pretty famous. I already had 45,000 followers on Instagram and 58,000 subscribers on YouTube. Lirra was proud of me, mum and dad are proud of me and my friends are proud of me. I was happy doing this, publishing videos of music, yes there was hate, but I got used to it.

As I went down to breakfast one morning, I received something that I never thought I would get. I pulled out my phone to see I got a message from Atlantic Records on Instagram.

Hey, we've heard your songs all over
social media, we were wondering if
you interested in going higher in
music, are you in? 

My eyes widened at the message. "Mum!" I screamed through the house and ran into the lounge room where mum and dad were. They looked up from what they were doing with worried expressions. "Some music company messaged me on Instagram and asked if I wanted to go higher in music!" I cried.

Mum got up from the couch and walked over to me and looked down at my phone and a smile appeared on my face and she squealed and hugged me tightly. "Allirah! This is amazing! You should accept it!" She screamed. I slowly took my phone out of her hands and smiled up at her. "Text back!" She shrieked, scaring me a bit.

Yes, I'd be happy to go higher in
music. When do I start?

I turned off my phone and put it in my back pocket of my pants and my parents were staring at me. "What?" I questioned.

"What did they say?" Dad asked.

"I just sent the message, I might get another message later in the day." 

Mum smiled happily at me and then hugged me again. "My little baby is growing up." She cried. I looked at dad, asking for help, but he just stood there laughing. 

● ● ●

I made more videos later on that day, and still waiting for a message from Atlantic Records, but it took for ever. 

I was bored.

There was nothing to do.

I sat at my keyboard, pressing down the keys, lazily pushing them down and lazily pulling my hand back up to press down on the next key. Then I thought of something to do. I'm gonna write my first song. I sat myself up properly to play some tunes and make them into a song.

It took my forever to do it but I finally got to the second verse of the song and then I got a message from Atlantic Records. I opened the app to see the message.

Great!  We can fly you up to Los
Angeles as soon as possible and 
start from there. Your manager
will contact you.

Los Angeles? I have to go to Los Angeles? I slowly stood up from my seat and gradually walked down the stairs to my parents. 

"Hey Allie, sounds good up there." Dad said as he was cooking dinner. I didn't reply to him, I just sat down at the island counter. "Is everything ok?" Mum asked.

"They want to fly me up to Los Angeles." I answered quietly.

It was quiet. I didn't like it. "Atlantic Records wants to send you to New York?" Mum said quietly and I nodded slowly. "Allirah, that's awesome, but we don't have any money to afford that."

"Yes, but they said they can fly me up."

"So they would pay for the ticket?" Dad asked.

"I guess so."

"Well, you can see if they are. And if you do go, contact Lirra and see if you can stay with her." mum said. I nodded and rested me chin on my arms on the table.

"Hey, cheer up buttercup, this is what you want." Dad said.

"Yeah, I do want this, but that means I'll have to leave you guys." I said sadly.

"We'll be fine, you can live your dream." Mum said with a small smile and she rubbed my hand soothingly and then kissed it. "Thanks mum." I said and kissed hher cheek and then got up from the chair and back into my room and continued to write my song.

"All the times, I've doubted myself
All the stories that could tell.
Wouldn't stand, in front of a crowd
Or say say my thoughts too loud

But there's a fire, desire that burns me up
For once in my life, I'm ready to jump

I'm falling fearless
No other way to do this
Cause even when I'm crashing
It's so much better now

I'm falling fearless
No other way to do this
Cause even I'm coming down
There is higher ground

I'm falling fearless." 

I played my song and then my phone buzzed once again.

We've booked a ticket for you for the
5th of April. Hope to see you soon

5th of April was in four days. That's not long. I immediately got up out of my chair and started to pack bags. "Woah, why are you packing bags?" Dad asked, coming into my room.

"Atlantic Records have booked me a ticket for this Tuesday coming!" I cried, quickly folding some clothes and placing them in my suitcase. Dad came in and started to help me. "Are guys coming down for dinner?" Mum called from downstairs.

"Sorry mum, we're packing!" I called back to her and I ran to my drawer to get more clothes but left some in there for whenever I come back to visit. "Why are you packing?"

"Allirah leaves in four days!" Dad called, "we'll be down in a minute."

"Ok, hurry, it's getting cold."

I sighed as I placed in a pair of shoes in a bag. "Hey." Dad said quietly and I turned to him and he placed his hands on my shoulders. "I'm proud of you. You'll do great things." He said and pulled me in for a hug and I hugged him back around the waist. 

"Thanks dad." I whispered in his chest. We pulled apart and he kissed me on the head and we walked down the stairs to dinner. Mum was already eating her dinner as we sat down. "Took you guys long enough." She mumbled and dad and I smiled at each other and then ate our pasta.