Chapter 1

Here is the first chapter.
Enjoy reading!!

Eleanor Robinson

I am sitting on the chair looking around the big hall which is gathered by many people like business associates, families and friends.

My daughter-in-law Grace Robinson, who is the wife of my second son Benjamin Robinson has arranged this party to celebrate my 73rd birthday. I rather call this as a business party. I am not enjoying this alone party. I did talk to my friends and families, but who wants to talk to a old lady for the whole night.

I pick the glass of orange juice which was on the table beside me and started drinking. As I was enjoying my drink I feel a soft hands cover my eyes from behind and spoke.

"Guess who"

Hearing the sweet voice, I know who it is. I smiled instantly and touched her hand.

"Aaliyah darling" I said. She laughed and removed her hands from my eyes. She came from behind and kneeled in front of me. I took her hands.

"Happy Birthday El. I think as you celebrate your birthday yearly, you are becoming more and more beautiful. So what's the secret" she said whispering the last sentence only for both of us to hear. I pinched her arm playfully at her teasing. She rubbed her arm pouting at me. She likes to call me El than grandma and I am happy about it.

"You naughty girl" I laughed caressing her head. She smiled at me.

"Thank you darling. It was getting bore here. You came at the right time. So why are you late" I asked. She scratched her head looking guilty.

"I forgot to bring your gift, so I ran to the store at last minute" she got up and took a box which has placed behind me on the table. I put the glass on the table.

"Here is my gift El" she said. I took it smiling at her.

"Thank you darling. So how is college" I asked her. She pulled a chair and sat beside me giving me company talking about college. That's why I love her. She is a sweetheart.

She is my grandson Sebastian bestfriend. Sebastian is Grace and Benjamin son. I have known Aaliyah for six years. She would meet me whenever she comes to visit Sebastian. It's their last year in college. I think Sebastian and Aaliyah are good couples, I would certainly like them to get married in the future. I think they both love each other.

"Grandma happy birthday" I heard someone beside us cutting our talk. I looked beside to see my grandson Sebastian coming our way. He hugged me and sat beside Aaliyah.

"Thank you Sebastian. So when will you two start dating, it's about time" I asked them. They looked at me blinking their eyes and then looked at each other. Soon they busted out laughing.

"Why are you both laughing? I asked it because I can see you both love each other" I asked. Aaliyah laughed shaking her head.

"El" she took my hand "Sorry to disappoint you. As you said I love him but.... as a brother. He has been to me brother not more than anything. And he also love me as a sister. Right Seb" she said looking at him. He smiled putting his arm over her shoulder.

"Aaliyah is right Grandma. I love her as my sister. And I can't even think about her like that. We are best friends and has brother and sister bonding" Sebastian said. Then he leaned towards me and whispered.

"Besides she has her eyes on someone else"

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. Aaliyah slapped his head giving her cute glare at him. I chuckled at them as they started their bickering.

So I can't have her in my family.

"Ok stop it guys" I said. They stopped and looked at me. I looked at Aaliyah giving a small smile.