Chapter 3

Emmett pov

I am working in my uncle Ben home office. It is almost nine at night. There is so much work to do. The company has always been looking forward to me for making our Robinson proud and make number one in the world.

Our company have already won the best company for two years now and I like to keep it like that. It's my goal to make it achieve more and more. It was good until grandma dropped the boom two days back about marriage.

If we have to get the properties, I have to get marry. That's not what I want. Sebastian still has three years to turn 25, which means I should get married because next year I will turn 25. Why does fate play with my life. I was happy leading my life like this because I love my life. I don't want to change anything from this. But life doesn't work that way.

The door to office opened and I looked up. My uncle Benjamin came in with some file.

"I have to discuss this file with you" he said. We both sat on the couch and started discussing.

Before I came to the company, uncle Ben has been looking after it. Even though his position was not a CEO, he helped our company. Till I turn 25 this company is under the authorities which we have shared. Because it's my choice whether I have to continue my position or give it to others.

We were almost finished when we heard a knock which interrupted us. I said them to come in.

Aunt Grace came in smiling.

"Oh Emmett I have good news" she said sitting beside uncle Ben.

"What is it Grace?" Uncle Ben asked.

"Ben I have found a girl for Emmett and even Eleanor agreed" she said happily. My face turned hard has I grind my teeth.

"You have to be kidding me right!" I asked.

"No Emmett, I just talked to Eleanor. We both were thinking about the same girl. I think she is the right girl for you Emmett" aunt Grace said looking happy as ever.

"What about my decision aunt, when did I even agree to this that you selected a girl? I am not ready to this nor I will ever be. I will not marry anyone for anything" I said closing the file.

"Emmett, it's high time you should settle down. You are turning twenty four in a week. And I think it's a great opportunity for you" she said smiling at me. I shook my head not agreeing to it.

"I will not and don't want to marry anyone for this clause aunt. This is not what I want" I said. She got up and came beside me taking my hands.

"Emmett, we can't leave this properties for charity when your grandfather had worked so hard. Just think about it. Right Ben" she said turning to him. He nod his head.

"Just think about it son. For one year give it a try. I know your aunt has choosen someone good. And if it doesn't workout, then there is always divorce you know" he said shrugging his shoulder. I glared at him.

"Also Emmett, I know you don't like to disappoint your parents. They wouldn't be proud of you or anyone about you leaving this. Not only you, even Sebastian has shares. Don't make rough decision. I know you won't disappoint us right" she asked looking at me with so much hope.

She has been like my second mother since my mom died. Both of my parents had died in a car crash when I was ten. It was really hard on me. But aunt Grace has always been there for me and helped me out. Even uncle Ben. They are like my second parents. And Sebastian is like my little brother. They are my family even grandma. 

I am really not ready for this marriage because for me marriage is long time commitment between two couples which is built on trust. I don't trust anyone except my family. I don't know what to do about this. I don't want to disappoint my family and mainly my aunt. She looks so happy about this. I am so greatfull for her for where I am now. She was my idol, teaching me to build this company for higher level.