Chapter 20

Aaliyah pov

I took some fruits and eggs from the refrigerator and placed them on the counter.

I am making pancakes today. After eating pasta yesterday, I wanted something sweet. The pasta was okay. I am surprised, in first attempt he was pretty good. But my question is, why this sudden interest in cooking now.

I felt bad making him burn his skin. I didn't know he was doing something until he hissed in pain. I was surprised to see him in the kitchen. He looked hot while cooking. How his muscles flex, his deep concentration. I just can't remove that image of my head.

Here I go again, thinking about him.

I took out the flour container and found it empty. I looked for the new stock and found them in the upper cabinet. I tried to reach it but I am not tall enough to reach. I huffed in annoyance because of my height. I looked for something to help me up but there is nothing. I tried again.

"What are you doing" I heard deep voice across the kitchen. I turned around and found Emmett standing at the entrance of the kitchen. He was shirtless wearing only his sweatpants. His bed hair was making him look more handsome as ever. That six pack and muscled body did wonders to me.

Aaliyah focus. He is not yours. Did you forget what is your decision?

I looked away from him and looked up at the shelf.

"I can't get the flour. It's in the top shelf" I said looking back at him. He walked towards me.

I thought he would help me but in other way. Instead of taking out for me. He picked me up by my waist. I gasped and held on his broad shoulders for support. I looked at down at him in shock.

"What..... what are you doing" I asked. He looked up at me.

"You wanted the flour right. I am helping you to pick it" he said. My heart was beating fast and my body started heating up due to our closeness. I was stunt by his actions.

"Did you get it" his voice bought me back to reality. I quickly got the packet and looked down at him.

"Yeah. You can put me down now" I said. Instead of putting me down, he slide my body down against his brushing our chest against each other. This whole time our eyes didn't leave each other. When my foot touched the ground, he didn't release me. His hands were still on my waist.

Our face were only few inches apart. His eyes roamed all around my face and finally his eyes stopped at my lips. His grip on my waist tightened as I licked my bottom lip because of nervousness.

He leaned down and my eyes voluntarily closed. I feel his breath on my lips. I waited for him to kiss me but he moved to my right ear brushing his cheek against mine.

"You are so beautiful, Aaliyah" he whispered in my ear huskily. I left the packet I was holding, opening my eyes in shock.

He called my name. He said my name for the first time. I felt a shiver ran down my body hearing from his mouth. And he called me beautiful.

Did he mean it?

He kissed my ear making me almost moan. He started nibbling my earlobe making my legs weak. I held his shoulder tightly supporting myself from falling. Slowly he pushed me against the counter and started kissing my neck. I gasped at the feeling and a moan left from my throat.

"You smell so good Aaliyah" he whispered against my skin. My heart skipped a beat hearing him call my name again. I closed my eyes again enjoying the feeling.

I moved my hands down to his chest feeling his muscles.

I had been wanting to do that for so long.